The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Barber MP with Rezoom March 23-24

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA
Anyone here going to this one? I signed up over the weekend. I saw a 2013 Mustang on the list but coudn't tell if it was a Boss. The list is 98% imports from what I could tell.

http://www.rezoommotorsports.com/events.html

GA
It looks like a '12 Boss 302 and '13 Boss 302S has joined the event. Now I won't feel so alone out there. :)

GA
YellowJacketBoss302 said:
I am the 12 BOSS 302. I don't see the 302S. Is he still registered?

I don't see it anymore. I just see you, me, a '06 GT, and a '13 GT.

I'll see you there!

PJWANNABE said:
5 days to go! Can't wait! ;D I've been working on my line with iRacing.
I am eager myself. Hope the weather holds out for us.
Please tell me about iRacing. Is it a good simulator? Cost? Cost of steering wheel, pedals, etc? Is road Atlanta included?
Thanks.
-- Jim

GA
I am eager myself. Hope the weather holds out for us.
Please tell me about iRacing. Is it a good simulator? Cost? Cost of steering wheel, pedals, etc? Is road Atlanta included?
Thanks.
-- Jim

Yeah, the weather is always the variable. iRacing is a great simulator- very accurate and is used by professional racers. They laser scan the track surfaces so you feel every bump and dip, and the visual references are pretty spot on. Its $99 a year or a little more on a monthly basis. A good steering wheel set like the Logitech G27 is about $250, but the cheaper G25 is good too. You get a decent amount of content included, but Road Atlanta and Barber and other good road courses are $15 extra each (one time fee). The FR500S Mustang is about $12 extra too (one time fee). You get 10%-20% off for buying content in bulk, and there are alway good promotional deals that can save you money.

GA
Man, the weather is looking like crap for this weekend. :mad: It looks like Saturday is probably going to be bust with rain and thunderstorms. Hopefully we'll get a full day of driving in on Sunday.

GA
Well, Day 1 was not a total loss. It stopped raining at 9AM but the track was very slippery all morning (I decided not to go out in the AM). I had 2 sessions in the afternoon and it was awesome. I met Jim and his wife Harriett ('12 YB Boss)- very nice people. I was passed by a black '13 LS but I have not met the owner. We are getting bad thunderstorms overnight but it is supposed to clear out in the morning, so tomorrow will probably be like today.

GA
Day 2 was not much better. We were forced to shut down early around 3:00 because of rain. I heard the '13 LS went home early anyway due to problems with his clutch sticking to the floor. I'll post up some pictures and video soon.

PJWANNABE said:
Well, Day 1 was not a total loss. It stopped raining at 9AM but the track was very slippery all morning (I decided not to go out in the AM). I had 2 sessions in the afternoon and it was awesome. I met Jim and his wife Harriett ('12 YB Boss)- very nice people. I was passed by a black '13 LS but I have not met the owner. We are getting bad thunderstorms overnight but it is supposed to clear out in the morning, so tomorrow will probably be like today.
Hi Ken,
We enjoyed meeting you, too. Hope to see you back at Barber soon. I plan to register with Chin for the April Barber event. I met Mike, the owner of the black LS, and he did have some clutch problems.

As you said, it was wet most of the time. I kind of like the rain, though. Lap times are very slow, but the rain is somewhat of an equalizer. I passed cars in the rain that I could not come close too in the dry. All in all, a fun, weekend, but my lap times were disappointing (several seconds off my best -- even on the 2:00 PM run Sunday, that was mostly dry).

GA
Here is one of my in-car videos:
http://vimeo.com/62761508

I felt like I was going pretty fast (tons faster than the first time), but some of these guys passed me like I was standing still. I wasn't going to push my car that hard, but I also felt like I had to hold back a little because I had to worry about pointing so many people by. The instructor also had me stay in 4th gear on the whole track after a while to concentrate on learning the line, so that slowed me down a bit too. I was on the white lines like Whitney Houston, so he said I needed to back off a little since I was always inches away from putting two wheels off. I remember when I ran Barber for the very first time in 2009 that I felt like the track so big and there was too much room. Now it feels like there is never enough track. ;) This was the beginner group so I can't imagine the pressure there is to push hard in the other run groups. Several experienced drivers besides my instructor gave me compliments and nods of approval during the weekend, so I couldn't have been that bad. My brake pads are squealing a little now, so I will put a fresh set on before VIR in May.

My car, track ready. Hopefully I'll get a couple of pictures of my car on track soon.
Leeds-20130323-00089_zps1a2ee997.jpg

Skip Barber's Porsche driving school fleet.
Leeds-20130324-00100_zpsd09d6b6c.jpg

General pictures of the day:
Leeds-20130323-00099_zpsb336acc3.jpg

Leeds-20130323-00096_zps5629430c.jpg

Leeds-20130323-00094_zps3b069769.jpg

Leeds-20130323-00093_zps55dcc70d.jpg

Leeds-20130323-00092_zps256eec0f.jpg

Leeds-20130323-00088_zps6bfbf98b.jpg

GA
Hi Ken,
We enjoyed meeting you, too. Hope to see you back at Barber soon. I plan to register with Chin for the April Barber event. I met Mike, the owner of the black LS, and he did have some clutch problems.

As you said, it was wet most of the time. I kind of like the rain, though. Lap times are very slow, but the rain is somewhat of an equalizer. I passed cars in the rain that I could not come close too in the dry. All in all, a fun, weekend, but my lap times were disappointing (several seconds off my best -- even on the 2:00 PM run Sunday, that was mostly dry).

Hi Jim,

I would like to get back to Barber in November. It is a great track and it is not that far of a drive for me.

Ken

GA
Hi Ken. Enjoyed your video. You drive a smooth, consistent line.

Do you have a link to the track photographer? I'd like to see proofs if they have some.
Thanks.

Thanks Jim. :) I do not - I want that also. I texted Greg Miller and he said that he would forward the contact information. I will touch base with him next week if I don't hear from him. Maybe if you contact him too that will prompt him to send it out. He hasn't struck me as someone who is always great on follow-up.

GA
Jim,

Greg sent out an email today with the photographer info:

The photographer for the March 23-24 event was Nick Vagner at Stillbandits photography. Check out his web site www.stillbandits.com.

I checked out the site and he does not have the pictures uploaded yet. He also commented that due to the weather he did not take a lot of pictures, so we'll see what he has.

Ken

GA
YellowBoss said:
Glad you guys were able to get a few good runs in. That track is beautiful, no doubt. Some day I will make it there.

It's definitely worth a trip. The next Rezoom dates at Barber are in August and November, and there are other groups there during the year as well.

TMO Supporting Vendors