The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Barton 2 post bracket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a 2013 and am thinking about this bracket will this help the stock shifter work better,i will never track the car just want to feel better when making my shifts.
Phil

If you're never going to buy the MGW go for it.

blazin boss said:
I have a 2013 and am thinking about this bracket will this help the stock shifter work better,i will never track the car just want to feel better when making my shifts.
Phil

The stock shifter bracket is not the only thing wrong with it. The entire body is stamped steel crap and while under the car to change it to a mgw I had my son take the stock shifter and move it around and let me just say CHEAP CRAP. Just my two cents get under it and look. My thought is you should find someone with the mgw in your area and just check it out plus if your not tracking it youll at least feel badass shifting rather then hope you get it in gear. We need more videos of these things that make the most difference.

my opinion? i just added 10 miles to this car..at sea level and she is running great.
i have after this short drive come to the conclusion that the stock shifter is not worthy of the trash can even.

i am going the mgw route asap. im tired to death of the full power cant get it into gear mess and the facts that the second to fifth bug keeps getting me.

gremlinsteve said:
my opinion? i just added 10 miles to this car..at sea level and she is running great.
i have after this short drive come to the conclusion that the stock shifter is not worthy of the trash can even.

i am going the mgw route asap. im tired to death of the full power cant get it into gear mess and the facts that the second to fifth bug keeps getting me.

Mgw, remove assist spring and get a upgraded clutch line this is all it took for me now I would say if these cars came this way they would be sold out with the numbers they are making but as people drive them that has no clue as to doing this I am willing to bet you will see more traded in cars sad. I would rather the price higher and the car to be right. Before the upgrades my friends 2008 was way better at shifting.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel