The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Barton vs. MGW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
2012YellowBoss said:
jeepinocala said:
None of them compare to the mgw.
I got nothing to add, just wanted up my post count ;D

Love the Boss 302 knob!

Just wanted to 'up my post count' from the guy who posted the thread 'my last post here' ??? ;)

Maui
Well put in the mgw shifter with a friend yesterday. Not too bad at all. It can definitely be done on Jack stands on the front... I'd recommend doing the install with another person if possible, makes it go faster.. Also put in the heat shield to deflect some of the heat downwards away from the cabin. It's a little more noisy in the cabin, but I don't really mind. The shifts are much more accurate and crisp and I notice I haven't been able to induce skip shift which I don't mind either. Maybe I need to try harder..
Anyway definitely worth the install. I didn't post any pics b/c like everyone says, the install is pretty clear on the videos and the instructions mgw provides..

Also got my lower grill from Mike yesterday.... and put it in...looks nice..

racered302 said:
MGW=positive engagement
Mine arrived today, one day early. I'll have to wait until the following weekend to install it though.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
5 DOT 0 said:
racered302 said:
MGW=positive engagement
Mine arrived today, one day early. I'll have to wait until the following weekend to install it though.

Man...It's tough to wait! But you will be very happy with the end results...Congrats. Mine is now "Broken in" and it's been worth every penny to me....Thanks MGW!

Wayne

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel