The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Barton vs. MGW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Relax everyone, once I order mine next week the floodgates will open and everyone else's will ship! ;D

Shop I was at had a Barton in a box waiting to go on an LS. It looks like it is a quality piece, going to call them next week and see how the owner likes it.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
cloud9 said:
ORANGE CRUSH said:
Yeah, Im waiting on Gary too.
Goes in Monday so we'll see. I just wish I would have the new suspension in time for BIR first week of May but doubt that will happen.

Goes in Monday? Wellllllllllllllllllll ? ;)

302BOB said:
WHOA, I'm sure Gary will let us know what's what as soon as he installs his new toy, hopefully by the end of this week, if he gets it. I'm sure he is just as anxious to try it out as we are to hear his reviews.
Maybe he's holding out on us? ;)

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
jeepinocala said:
I will give a review if it ever arrives ;D
if it ever arrives I am going to write up a how too with pics. I will be doing the install in my driveway. at the same time I will be swapping out the fluid for Redline MTL and installing alcantra shift boot and parking boot. I would like to do the driveshaft at the same time but it to is on a 3-4 week delay

302BOB said:
Jeep, If you're installing it yourself, let us know how easy/hard it was with or without a lift.When you try it out I'm sure you're gonna say there's no comparison to the stock shifter.
Sure I am installing mine from ramps will put the ramps under the rear of the car I did this for installing the qtp's it worked fine.

Maui
boss2511 said:
jeepinocala said:
if it ever arrives I am going to write up a how too with pics. I will be doing the install in my driveway. at the same time I will be swapping out the fluid for Redline MTL and installing alcantra shift boot and parking boot. I would like to do the driveshaft at the same time but it to is on a 3-4 week delay

Please post pics of install. That would be really nice. ;D I just ordered the shifter last week as well. I was told they wouldn't charge the credit card until it actually ships... Has MGW charged you yet? Where you getting the alcantra boots? Sounds like a nice upgrade...
Thanks...

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
jeepinocala said:
302BOB said:
Jeep, If you're installing it yourself, let us know how easy/hard it was with or without a lift.When you try it out I'm sure you're gonna say there's no comparison to the stock shifter.
Sure I am installing mine from ramps will put the ramps under the rear of the car I did this for installing the qtp's it worked fine.

You guys are brave - keep in mind the get the MGW in you need to raise the tranny about 4"..... Either that or get Alvin the Chipmunk to get in it and bolted down ;D

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
808Boss said:
boss2511 said:
jeepinocala said:

Please post pics of install. That would be really nice. ;D I just ordered the shifter last week as well. I was told they wouldn't charge the credit card until it actually ships... Has MGW charged you yet? Where you getting the alcantra boots? Sounds like a nice upgrade...
Thanks...
I got the boots from CJ Pony parts. They are OEM stock for the GT500's. I have a thread https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-general-forum/order-alcantara-shift-boot-and-parking-brake-boot/
they havent charged my card yet so I take that as it hasnt shipped yet

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
PeteInCT said:
jeepinocala said:
302BOB said:

You guys are brave - keep in mind the get the MGW in you need to raise the tranny about 4"..... Either that or get Alvin the Chipmunk to get in it and bolted down ;D

I installed my MGW with the Boss on jack stands. Tranny stayed put. I am 230 and 5,11, no issues with space. You do need to be careful with the housing, installing the first bolt. It can be done.

jeepinocala said:
302BOB said:
Please take some photos and post them if you can.

TMO Supporting Vendors