The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Barton vs. MGW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
KYBOSSLS said:
Mind was ordered on April 27th, no word from them and I did not know about the new shift ball???

Ordered mine the day before you, not a word yet as to when it will arrive. Hearing it would be a 1-2 month wait I don't really mind the wait since I had the cash. It can keep my GT500 mufflers company in the basement.

Maui
KYBOSSLS said:
Mine was ordered on April 27th, no word from them and I did not know about the new shift ball???

I ordered mine on 4/18 so your shifter should be coming really soon. When I emailed them a week and a half ago to inquire about my order, mgw said they were in the process of making the shifters and would be done in about 2 weeks... So the next batch of shifters should be coming out really soon.

Regarding the boss 302 shift ball......I actually ordered my shifter over the phone and when I spoke with George at MGW, he asked me if I wanted to get the boss 302 shift ball instead.. I said yes based on his description since i thought it would look cool. I think he was going to try to add it to the website since I also wanted to see pictures, but I guess they've bee too busy. If your shifter hasn't come yet, I'm guessing you can just call MGW and have them send you a boss 302 shift ball instead. It is more expensive though. My invoice said $59.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
808Boss said:
KYBOSSLS said:
Mine was ordered on April 27th, no word from them and I did not know about the new shift ball???

I ordered mine on 4/18 so your shifter should be coming really soon. When I emailed them a week and a half ago to inquire about my order, mgw said they were in the process of making the shifters and would be done in about 2 weeks... So the next batch of shifters should be coming out really soon.

Regarding the boss 302 shift ball......I actually ordered my shifter over the phone and when I spoke with George at MGW, he asked me if I wanted to get the boss 302 shift ball instead.. I said yes based on his description since i thought it would look cool. I think he was going to try to add it to the website since I also wanted to see pictures, but I guess they've bee too busy. If your shifter hasn't come yet, I'm guessing you can just call MGW and have them send you a boss 302 shift ball instead. It is more expensive though. My invoice said $59.
I'll call them Tuesday then

Justin

boss2511 said:
808Boss said:
KYBOSSLS said:

I'll call them Tuesday then
I called them this morning got the knob plus other part needed to use there knob with shipping for 89 bucks. Should be in Pa before the car show I hope.

My Ford dealer service manager tried my mgw his comment was it is the best he has seen yet. And yes it is super easy to install.

Hey All - First Post here. I am the proud owner of a 2012 Boss #3228 - found it new on show room floor on Saturday and drove it away!
Does anyone have the Steeda Tri-Ax with Shifter Base Bushing? If so, how does it compare with the MGW. I had a Tri-Ax on my 99 GT
years ago and I really liked it. Trying to decide between the two.

Thanks

Mustang6 said:
Hey All - First Post here. I am the proud owner of a 2012 Boss #3228 - found it new on show room floor on Saturday and drove it away!
Does anyone have the Steeda Tri-Ax with Shifter Base Bushing? If so, how does it compare with the MGW. I had a Tri-Ax on my 99 GT
years ago and I really liked it. Trying to decide between the two.

Thanks

None of them compare to the mgw. The one thing that mgw does is replace all of the problem parts like the body the support body, really you just need to look at what you get. Good luck.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Dear Mustang6,

Save your time and money. We have installed tons of MGW shift kits in Vipers and Mustangs and even though we were affiliated for awhile with another well known shifter company, none can compare with the quality and build of the MGW!

We are a Dealer , so we look towards things that will not cause the consumer any hassle, and I can not frankly think of a single problem or concern with MGW and we have been installing their products since 1999.

Bill Pemberton
www.woodhouse.com

Justin

Got the new knob on for the all ford nationals show.

552773_427058177326759_100000677422918_1327689_379405759_n.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors