The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Barton vs Steeda vs other shifters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
SVO WOODY said:
Can MGW only be purchased direct from MGW? I haven't sen them on American Muscle

That is correct.

They are the manufacturer.

I assume they manufacture and sell direct to keep costs down and keep quality up. Once you see their work, you will understand. All items are CNC machined. They supply the complete shifter where many of their competitors supply only the top cover with shifter handle leaving the stock bushings in place.

SVO WOODY

Cruising Southern Ontario
Canada
TMSBOSS said:
SVO WOODY said:
Can MGW only be purchased direct from MGW? I haven't sen them on American Muscle

That is correct.

I assume they manufacture and sell direct to keep costs down and keep quality up. Once you see their work, you will understand. All items are CNC machined. They supply the complete shifter where many of their competitors supply only the top cover with shifter handle leaving the stock bushings in place.

Thanks again, can you reuse the factory BOSS ball or do you have to buy one of theirs?, I'm on the site now

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
SVO WOODY said:
TMSBOSS said:
SVO WOODY said:

That is correct.

Thanks again, can you reuse the factory BOSS ball or do you have to buy one of theirs?, I'm on the site now

Yes to both. MGW offers two shafts with either the factory threat or the thread size for their shift ball. I purchased both. I believe this option is $10.00. Takes about 3 minutes to change the ball....after your first remove. The MGW ball with the jamb nut I find to be the best option. Align and then tighten the jamb nut. No loctite like the factory set up.

Good luck

SVO WOODY said:
TMSBOSS said:
SVO WOODY said:

That is correct.

I have a MGW being shipped out on Thurs. I spoke to George about the Ball. Yes, you can use the factory Ball, no problem. They are working on a new composite race ball with the Boss 302 Logo; He is really positive about it. Should be available in a couple of weeks. If you are really interested give George a call; he's real helpful. He also owns a Laguna Seca himself and really knows our vehicle.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel