The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Base Model Boss Owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarcox2013

New Boss In Town
So which of you out there have the "no options" Boss 302's and how did you fall into them? I purchased mine brand new a week and a half ago with only the FM's and CC) for 40k even. I am absolutely in love with it and am so happy to have went the route I did as opposed to one fully equipped since I don't plan on making this a track car anyways, and on top of that, it saved me 5-6k just to opt out of seats and a differential! I'm just amazed so many people passed up a new SBY for 40! They're not even listed that low used.

I'm interested in hearing your stories!

MGCurry

2013 Boss 302 #1548 SBY
Congrats on the ride as far as I know its just the seats/diff so you are not missing too much. I got to sit in the base seats and them pretty darn supportive as well

enjoy it in good health. I would still recommend doing a hpde day you be glad you did...

aarcox2013 said:
So which of you out there have the "no options" Boss 302's and how did you fall into them? I purchased mine brand new a week and a half ago with only the FM's and CC) for 40k even. I am absolutely in love with it and am so happy to have went the route I did as opposed to one fully equipped since I don't plan on making this a track car anyways, and on top of that, it saved me 5-6k just to opt out of seats and a differential! I'm just amazed so many people passed up a new SBY for 40! They're not even listed that low used.

I'm interested in hearing your stories!

Bay Area
I have a base Boss. PW #179. I wanted one since they 1st came out and the dealer never called me back when I had 50 grand to put as a down on a 12 LS. But it was a blessing because I got laid off. Then I took 10 months off work and when I started working again on June 4, 2013 I decided I wanted a new 13 Boss. I couldn’t find one at or under MSRP anywhere. Well after searching hi & low all over the interweb thingy and calling all of my connections Mon-Wed I finally found a brand new one only 12 miles away from work. So on Thursday, June 7,2013 (after it almost got sold the night before) I left work and went down to the dealer. I got to test drive it after I showed them how much my banks check was for and I did a burnout out of the dealership took it on the freeway got it to about 130 on the on ramp and looked at the salesman and said, "don’t worry, the car is sold" Got back wrote them the price under MSRP and took off.

Check out the registry section on this forum. Chris (PTRocks) has put countless hours into collecting information about our cars. It can tell you how many were produced with you color or color and options, etc. His work will be used for years to come when people need info on the production of the new Boss 302's.

I ordered my Orange / White with no opts.. turns out according to the reg that its one of three. My cheapness paid off! lol

Got my base Grabber Blue (engine #1601) in September 2012. Was at a local dealer whose website was down so less people seemed to know it was there (according to the dealer). It was in the show room and my 3 year old daughter and I went to look at it. Got it for sticker. They gave me a week to think it over with no deposits or hassle. Her twin brother and baby brother all came out to see it at the dealer when I took delivery. Won't be tracking this car so the diff is no issue. +1 on the efforts of PTRocks. With his work it looks I have a 1 of 14 (GB, no options).

Enjoy the drives!

BLAZN BOSS

Ordered mine without options, didnt want the torsen since i dont road race, dont like recaros. I bought the floormats and cover cheaper than if i ordered them with the car..............my car is a 2012 yellow blaze, one of 14 as having no options.

aarcox2013

New Boss In Town
BLAZN BOSS said:
Ordered mine without options, didnt want the torsen since i dont road race, dont like recaros. I bought the floormats and cover cheaper than if i ordered them with the car..............my car is a 2012 yellow blaze, one of 14 as having no options.

As history has shown, these low production, limited options cars are the real prize winners in resale.

I probably would have preferred a base. I actually enjoy the base Boss seats more than the Recaro's and I only really enjoy drag racing so the Torsen is actually worse for me lol.

But when they only asked $41,300 for the car brand new I shoved money in their face.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
It's what they had on the lot when I went shopping. I prefer the seats and rear over the recaros. I picked up Lloyd mats and a 12 car cover for 200 bucks ish and saved a ton there too

There's really only two options for the Boss:

- Recaro Cloth Sport Seats & Torsen Differential
- Boss 302 Accessory Package (Car cover and embroidered mats)

I have both options on mine because I bought it off the dealer lot. I couldn't have cared less about the cover/mats, but no Recaros/Torsen would have been a deal breaker for me. It's a part of what makes a Boss a Boss.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Rich_S said:
There's really only two options for the Boss:

- Recaro Cloth Sport Seats & Torsen Differential
- Boss 302 Accessory Package (Car cover and embroidered mats)

I have both options on mine because I bought it off the dealer lot. I couldn't have cared less about the cover/mats, but no Recaros/Torsen would have been a deal breaker for me. It's a part of what makes a Boss a Boss.
lol recaros are available on all mustangs now. The base boss seats only come in bosses....

aarcox2013

New Boss In Town
Correct, the Base Boss seats have the "BOSS 302" stitching on the back rests, and the seats go with the interior design much better, IMO (although I must admit the interior trim of my former GT/CS still wins my heart). I've had many people tell me how much they like the seats and how nicely they look in the car with the embroidery. Good luck on the upkeep of Recaro's; I've seen some people already sweating early wear and tear - since each seat will run you over a grand to replace. The stock/base bucket seats are every bit as comfortable, will wear well as a previous poster has said, and the LS differential works better for drags than the Torsen. This has been documented quite frequently across forums/articles.

Boss1601 said:
Nope. Base BOSS seats have a spiffy white lettered BOSS on the back rest. They wear well too!
I was referring to the recaros you can get with regular Mustangs. I mean, what would a Boss be without the spiffy Boss stitching? ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors