The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Baseline Dyno'd the Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Quinn said:
Another thing to consider is the mileage of the cars tested. from previous experience, I have found that engines pick up some power after they are well broken-in.

Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com

Yet again more definitive proof..... Dean's car has twice the mileage I have. The more I look into this the even more bigger of a gap I see in power between the two colors. Silver is very impressive. Black is okay too...... Those guys shouldn't feel too bad....

adam81 said:
Jeff Quinn said:
Another thing to consider is the mileage of the cars tested. from previous experience, I have found that engines pick up some power after they are well broken-in.

Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com

Yet again more definitive proof..... Dean's car has twice the mileage I have. The more I look into this the even more bigger of a gap I see in power between the two colors. Silver is very impressive. Black is okay too...... Those guys shouldn't feel too bad....

Mine has approx. 4000 miles. Not sure about Kevin's std. Boss or Adam's turtle Boss.

Considering the speed of Silver, it may take twice as long to break in properly. ;D

ArizonaGT said:
Dean#4AI said:
The thought crossed my mind but didn't want to open that can of worms and the ensuing sh*tstorm that would follow. ::)

It's just a thought, but your LS, Adam81s LS on TMS, and the Edmunds First Look LS all dynoed around 415whp. So far looks like the non LS bosses are in the 400 range.

Some have put down 360-370 on Mustang dynos.

All of this stuff is all dependent on the dyno, however.

I over the weekend had a chance to Dyno the car at a car show on a portable dyno......the numbers were OK but not great. I have to believe the machine, temp, elevation and more play a factor.

My numbers were: 387.98 at the rear wheel and torque at 329.46.

I have side discs removed, BBK Cold Air Intake and Pype Bomb Axle Backs installed.

TMO Supporting Vendors