The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Basic Racing Rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
I saw this posted at the Vintage Races in Seattle last weekend and thought it was pretty funny:

Ron's Basic Rules of Racing:
1. Try to stay in the middle of the track
2. Do not go near the edge of the track
3. The edge of the track can be recognized by a loss of traction and the appearance of gravel, cement walls, trees, and other immovable objects. It is more difficult to race there.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
SeattleBoss said:
I saw this posted at the Vintage Races in Seattle last weekend and thought it was pretty funny:

Ron's Basic Rules of Racing:
1. Try to stay in the middle of the track
2. Do not go near the edge of the track
3. The edge of the track can be recognized by a loss of traction and the appearance of gravel, cement walls, trees, and other immovable objects. It is more difficult to race there.

These are for the Z28 drivers :)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
oversteer-understeer-horsepower-torque.jpg

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
Ouch !
I heard once. Under steer is when you see the tree as you hit it and over steer is when you just feel the tree as the back of the car hits it. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel