The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Battle of the brake Squeal..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awhile back I started getting a bit of a brake squeal out of the front brakes, particularly the left, first I took it to the dealership and they could find nothing wrong. I figure ok a couple of track days on factory pads, lets swap them out... in go the EBC's, still squealing. Of course no rhyme or reason, 5 mph or 70mph same sound not speed dependent, now its getting worse especially when I am turning the wheel to the right. So order some DBA 4000 rotors from KNS, as I am installing the left front tonight, the rotor is on the hub with a couple lug nuts and no caliper, I spin it and hear a metallic rubbing....WTH, look on the inside and the sheet metal shield had been bent into the rotor the entire time. Sometime I think I have forgotten everything I knew about cars!!!!!!!, pretty sure the coiler installer did it because in coincides with that work..... oh well new brakes for the track and I feel like an idiot.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel