The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BBY Racing 2020 GT500 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBY Racing is excited to announce the start of its 2020 GT500 Project! The car will be raced in Time attack style events and we will continue our time attack success in 2020.

When Ford had announced the car we instantly knew that we needed to get our hands on one. In early July we had placed our order with Dave at Wynne Ford in Hampton VA. Thank you to Dave for making the process quick and easy and we were coming home with our new Velocity Blue GT500 Base with Recaros!

EJByu92.jpg

LsggkK0.jpg

RhfpfRd.jpg

AM4LhXB.jpg

YSqhuC8.jpg

The first thing we did was get the car on the scales to see how heavy the car actually was. The car weighed 4097 with the Trunk spare tire kit and 4083 without. This is with 1/4 tank of fuel.

2K1Q5vB.jpg

YMgpARY.jpg

The next thing is I wanted to see how much the Stock Wheels had weighed, they came in at a staggering 65/66 Lbs for the front/rear. To get Perspective I weighed our 18x10 BBS with 285 Hankook RS4 and Forgeline 18x11 with Pirelli Slick

zEW6Byb.jpg

bHU5N4U.jpg

9Yd8GWi.jpg

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Congrats on the new ride! Looking forward to see some lap time comparisons between it and those AER cars you guys run.

Looking forward to this!
So this is much lighter than the 4250 they have been claiming. Also, no track pack?
I know one of the big advantages with that car is the CF wheels and suspension, if you are going aftermarket I am assuming it isn't worth the $15k! I thought there were additional coolers on the trackpack as well?

OP - any chance you got a look at the wheel offset stamps on the inside of the wheels? I'm curious about the offsets in comparison to the GT350R.

Looking forward to this!
So this is much lighter than the 4250 they have been claiming. Also, no track pack?
I know one of the big advantages with that car is the CF wheels and suspension, if you are going aftermarket I am assuming it isn't worth the $15k! I thought there were additional coolers on the trackpack as well?

No additional coolers. Just a few differences in Springs and Sway bars and the Carbon Bits.

OP - any chance you got a look at the wheel offset stamps on the inside of the wheels? I'm curious about the offsets in comparison to the GT350R.

I did not, I will try to look next time

We have been Busy getting the car setup for the first test day. We were able to get everything mounted to the car and a base setup to be ready for the first test day! This included Fabricating a larger front splitter to match the rear spoiler.

JIgiSEQ.jpg

Our first test day went pretty well at an Undisclosed Location on the North Carolina Virginia Border. Next week is the first official time attack event for the car and excited to see how it does!

Bo2WBDC.jpg

HjF1FKa.jpg

zgzTe4E.jpg

jqxk6Me.jpg

dvSZ3Pu.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors