The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BC Racing BR Series coilover/ Eibach - Koni opinions needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iHi everyone,

Has anyone here had any experience with the BC Racing BR series coilover?

I would like to hear some honest opinions about it. I know it's not considered one of the quality kits out there, but since I live outside the U.S, I have close relations with our official BC dealer, who can supply me with good prices, support, and multiple sets of different spring rates if I choose so.

The car isn't going to be a track build, just looking to get the right balance for a fun street cruiser with occasional trips to the track. Budget limited as well.

I was debating between going the cheap coilover route vs a set of a good quality dampers and springs, but I really like the idea of adjusting everything to my liking. I was initially going for the Ford Performance handling package, but that seems a bit too expensive for me, plus I'm not that sure if it's really worth it.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
One of your first comments is that you have a friend who is the BC Dealer and he is willing to give you big breaks on set up, the shock system, service , etc. and those things are key regardless of where you live. Your other main comment is it will see only occasional track use and you are not looking for really serious competition, I would think your friend can not only give you the service you want, but also advice and a nice discount. Taking all of this into consideration I think you have a decent situation, as it stands, with someone who will back what they sell. At this point, chat with your friend some more and if he is going to be generous on the pricing and get the best system he can suggest. I am also assuming that a Mustang is not extremely rare in Israel and your friend has some knowledge concerning your car?

Last edited:

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
What you're likely to gain in the ability to adjust the ride height with the BC's you'll probably lose in true handling quality compared to the Ford Performance shocks/springs handling package (and the higher quality coilover kits). Setting up a suspension is always about compromising somewhere. With cheap coilovers you're compromising on true performance and in many cases, ride quality. But again, you get the benefit of ride height adjustment. It just depends on what matters more to you. They're adjustable, yes, but will that mean you'll be able to adjust them optimally? Or will even the most optimal adjustment combo be as good as the Ford kit? Not sure. The BC kit will probably feel a bit more sporty since it will be stiffer, and you could always change it out later if you don't like it. Sounds like you'll be getting a good deal so you could probably recoup the cost and put it towards something else.

Most here who track their cars likely wouldn't go that route, but if you're not planning to track the car and true handling isn't necessarily the top priority, it probably doesn't really matter as much.

Thank you both for your comments. I decided to give up on the BC Racing coilovers becuse of multiple reasons.

I will probably go a decent set of lowering springs and shocks/dampers for this moment. Thinking about Eibach pro-kit and Koni Str.T/Yellow.

I've had a GC coilovers on my last Mustang and it worked great, so I'm assuming you can't really go wrong with Eibach/Koni either. If anyone thinks he has better suggestions for the same price range, please do share.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I agree , for the price there are quite a few guys running the Eibach/Koni set-up and I know BC does raise some controversy, but figured your friend was there to assure quality and help, if needed. I would agree going this new route is more reliable and the other item I would suggest is to get a set of camber plates to assist with turn in and help your tires live longer on track.

Two good options are Vorschlag ( a sponsor on this site and most agree it has the most adjustment range ) and M&M camber plates.

Keep us posted and do post pictures when you do get on track.

What Bill said - I'd love to see some photos when you get out to the track. It's always great to have track day photos/videos from around the world.

Will do, as soon as this continuing lock-down ends one of the first things I have on my mind is heading to the nearest track. I actually track my other car which is an Opel Corsa OPC with the Nurburgring pack. The Mustang, for now, being an automatic, is just my fun weekend cruiser car, although I do bring it to the track as well from time to time just for fun.

שריקר בקורסה.jpg

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Will do, as soon as this continuing lock-down ends one of the first things I have on my mind is heading to the nearest track. I actually track my other car which is an Opel Corsa OPC with the Nurburgring pack. The Mustang, for now, being an automatic, is just my fun weekend cruiser car, although I do bring it to the track as well from time to time just for fun.

View attachment 61597
I bet the Opel is a fun little car to toss around. How much does that thing weigh?

I bet the Opel is a fun little car to toss around. How much does that thing weigh?

It's around 1200kgm. Not the lightest, but it comes very well set-up for the track. It comes with Recaro bucket seats, super-stiff Koni FSD dampers, higher spring rates, Drexler LSD, 330mm Brembo 4-piston brakes up front, Remus free-flow cat-back, Michelin PSS with larger wheels and more. I find it interesting that Opel/GM chose to out-source most of the performance bits on this car. It sounds like an aftermarket build list.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
It's around 1200kgm. Not the lightest, but it comes very well set-up for the track. It comes with Recaro bucket seats, super-stiff Koni FSD dampers, higher spring rates, Drexler LSD, 330mm Brembo 4-piston brakes up front, Remus free-flow cat-back, Michelin PSS with larger wheels and more. I find it interesting that Opel/GM chose to out-source most of the performance bits on this car. It sounds like an aftermarket build list.
Just the parts you listed are impressive. Must be a blast to drive, even at that weight. All cars are heavier than you'd think these days due to the crash testing requirements and comfort features that are packed in.

TMO Supporting Vendors