The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Because Race Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So im going to pull the trigger on this part from WR just because. I never use the radio, never used the heat, but used AC a few times this summer.

Besides the tasty assortment of gauges im hooking up, can I wire one of the bottom switches for AC ? I should be able to eh ? When i turn it on its coldest and full blast anyway so why not ?

What other cool stuff can i do with the bottom switches ? Fuel/ign/stuff ?

0203795444440568_4354005339572767803_n_zps8164b691.jpg

Tulsa, OK
Oil slick, rocket launcher... ;D

Very cool! Looks like a really nice piece from WR. I have their blank dash cover. Not sure how the ac hookup would work I'm sure you could wire something up to where it worked on full blast. For the bottom switches you could do fuel, ignition, lights, fans, any aftermarket fluid coolers...

Ejector seat?

hahaha great stuff - besides the normal gauges ill talk to my mechanic tomorrow. My i-1 stage II Procharger shipped and should be here tomorrow as well as a fuel system. It should be an interesting week if all goes well.

Looks good! I don't road race but I do drag race every weekend and I have found plastic switches do not hold up very long as compared to the metal switches in racing. I had the fancy plastic lit switches like you have and it never failed to break during a race. I cycle the water pump, fan, ignition and fuel pump at least 40 times a race. I started carrying spares but if it broke in the staging lanes I could not change them out easliy w/o affecting my starting line game. I now use metal toggle switches with LED lights on top of the switch and have never had a failure yet. Good luck.

Tim

thehueypilot said:
Looks good! I don't road race but I do drag race every weekend and I have found plastic switches do not hold up very long as compared to the metal switches in racing. I had the fancy plastic lit switches like you have and it never failed to break during a race. I cycle the water pump, fan, ignition and fuel pump at least 40 times a race. I started carrying spares but if it broke in the staging lanes I could not change them out easliy w/o affecting my starting line game. I now use metal toggle switches with LED lights on top of the switch and have never had a failure yet. Good luck.

Tim

Good idea - John at WR is a really cool guy and he can drill out the main section and leave the bottom blank for me - cost a few $$ more but definitely a good idea. I like the toggle switches in the new 2015 - i may research that a little too

LP Heaven said:
Good idea - John at WR is a really cool guy and he can drill out the main section and leave the bottom blank for me - cost a few $$ more but definitely a good idea. I like the toggle switches in the new 2015 - i may research that a little too

I would not put much faith in OEM toggle switches. they are more for looks IMO but we will see.

These are quality switches. Check out the lever lock on the mil rated ones.
http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsServices/Electrical/ProductsandServices/AutomationandControl/VehicleandCommercialControls/Toggles/MilitaryPurposeToggles/index.htm#tabs-2

TMO Supporting Vendors