The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Beefed up TR 3650

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Utah
Has anyone replaced or had their existing TR 3650 rebuilt with one of the beefed up units that are out there. There are a couple of trans shops that rebuild them with better gears, forks, etc... and claim anywhere from 600-1000hp capacity. G Force has one with 1000hp and a couple places use their gear sets.

I have an older mustang but I want a 5 speed that will fit, have an overdrive and have the capacity of 600+hp. I know tremec has the new TKX but I am looking for a 2nd option. I believe the TKX is great for street but does not have the better internals I feel I can get with a beefed TR3650.

I'll take any thoughts.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Not the same thing I know, but very happy so far with the gforce gears in my Calimer Stage 3 Mt82. Noisy but runs much cooler.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Utah
Not the same thing I know, but very happy so far with the gforce gears in my Calimer Stage 3 Mt82. Noisy but runs much cooler.
It actually does help. gives me another option and confirms somewhat g force gear sets. Couple questions.

How long have you run it and with the cut gears how smooth is it on the street.

My car will be a track car but I'm going to daily drive it when I can. Thanks

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
It actually does help. gives me another option and confirms somewhat g force gear sets. Couple questions.

How long have you run it and with the cut gears how smooth is it on the street.

My car will be a track car but I'm going to daily drive it when I can. Thanks

Thanks to Covid and a exploding clutch, have only run it in about a half dozen races. So far so good with zero shifting problems and much much cooler. Sound is only noticeable at idle or low speeds, once your going you dont notice any more. Its not a terrible noise but you do hear it. We have a 90db track limit so the car does not have a noisy exhaust, which would hide the gear whine I imagine. For me its prefeclty livable for the street.

Went with it because of the high Hp/torque limit and the fact it worked with what I already had in the car as far as clutch and driveshaft goes. It was just a plug and play mod which made it the cheapest option. Mine cost me US$3500. Considerably less then a Magnum swap and lighter to boot!

TMO Supporting Vendors