The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

bembro Brake calipers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vikings138

Union Boss LS 211
NY
The outer cover of my bembro brake calipers seem to be fading. They have like a white discoloration on them. Does anyone know what to use on them to bring them back to the black finish?

vikings138 said:
The outer cover of my bembro brake calipers seem to be fading. They have like a white discoloration on them. Does anyone know what to use on them to bring them back to the black finish?
A rattle can? :p Do you track your car? Mine look like that from all the heat I put through them.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
vikings138 said:

New calipers ;D

they are sort of a strange finish. racecar finish? my buddy got his 2013 gt500 this past weekend the brembos are gloss black like most i've had on other cars.

I had a nice set of Brownbos on my Evo, I was proud of them. There were people selling kits with Brembo stencils for repainting them, you can do it if it bothers you.

ODD! I just had my oil change and I brought it up to them and they said they agreed that the calipers were fading. But when they went to take a picture of them the fading wasn't showing up, so they said just to watch it over the next few months.

But, Im thinking this could be coming from wheel cleaners..

TMO Supporting Vendors