The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Best Dark Paint Products

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Ok I've only had my Boss for a week and I'm already itrching to wash her. For those of you with black or dark paint colors any suggetions on products? I've seen some ideas for yellow hoping the same is out there for black. Thanks in advance.

Check this out, I really reommend chemical guys since they make a lot of the products of other names out there such as Adams. Plus they have the fullrange of products for anyone wanting to do serious detailing.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Black_Car_Wax_Complete_Black_Paint_Care_Kit_p/hol_201.htm

plus a video of they black wax on a 13 LS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=w1IbAf-0iNk

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Thanks Killerwill13 ordered a can of Black earlier will see how it works. I also ordered a can of Dodo Juice blue velvet which it says is also for dark color cars. I'm going to try them on my wifes car first :)

Killerwill is spot on here. I have the "regular" lava and it's fantastic. Do some correction with Menzerna then followed by CG's Blacklight and you have a winning setup for a black S197. On my black GT I tried so many things then I was recommended this process. It works. Dont forget to seal it as well.

dsekae1021 said:
Thanks Killerwill13 ordered a can of Black earlier will see how it works. I also ordered a can of Dodo Juice blue velvet which it says is also for dark color cars. I'm going to try them on my wifes car first :)

Dodo products are great. Blue Velvet is a sure bet on dark colored cars. But I love supernatural. Post how the CG black wax comes out.

Suggest you go to Autogeet.net and watch the free video's. Great information on many products and methods. Pick one that works for you. I prefer to clay bar, followed by a DA polisher to remove swirls and scratches, and then jeweling with a DA to finish it off. Seal, Then apply wax by hand that goes on and off wet. This gives my BLACK 2013 LS a show car quality shine like no other. ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors