The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Best Hose System I've Found to Date

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So my hose died last year and I needed to buy a new one. I love washing my car but hate pulling out the hose and putting it away. No matter what you use it looks like crap.

Was at the home and garden show and saw this crazy looking Robo Reel. It was really cool, but you can't leave it out in your yard unless you want your $700 hose stolen. It will also take up a lot of space in your garage and the hassle of taking it in and out.

I thought to myself, man I'd pay $2-$300 for an automatic hose reel. I'd never seen one so I did some research and found this Euro company named Gardena. They had several kinetic hose reels where you pull the hose and it retracts manually.

I thought cool, this would work and I will give it a shot. Then I found they had new lithium powered version for just a little more. Bought it from Amazon for $300 and installed it a couple of weeks ago.

I love this thing, it is just a lot of fun to use and works great. It has a corner mount guide to help keep the hose from scraping the hose on the corner of the garage.

It uses a quick connect coupling system which appears to be specific to the Gardena system. So it easily attaches to the hose bib. You can disconnect the hose attachment with the water on to change attachments if you want to. It has an auto stop feature which is nice. You will need to buy a coupler to yes your own attachments. That is my only knock on the system so far. It came with couplers, but none that would work with my attachments.

Luckily with Amazon prime I was able to order some nicer metal couplers vs the plastic and got it within a couple of days.

Just thought I'd share because I know others like to wash their cars as much as I do and who knows maybe garden as well ;)

You can find a video on you tube for it too if you look for it.

3ehe4yde.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There is a torq screw that locks it in place. Remove it and you can lift off the reel and store it in your garage or shed.

drano38

Wayne
I've got a arcing style lawn sprinkler made by them--great product. No doubt your hose real is too.

When I built my new garage a couple years ago, I got an Eley hose real, made of aluminum, that attaches to the wall. For a hose reel, its a great product. I put 75 ft of 3/4" high quality rubber hose on it, so the hose is heavy. I wanted max water flow, so went with 3/4". Reel plus hose was most likely about $180-200.
http://www.amazon.com/Eley-Rapid-Mount-Garden-Model/dp/B0025ZHV3W/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1392688986&sr=8-5&keywords=garden+hose+reel

Not trying to undercut your choice, but offering more options.

Justin said:
very nice I would like to have something like this. how does the hose do in regards to kinking and weight?

No kinking issues thus far and the weight is a lot better compared to the Never Kink hose I had before. Very easy to manage. The hose diameter is a skosh thinner than a traditional hose. No problems with water pressure for a 100' hose.

drano38 said:
I've got a arcing style lawn sprinkler made by them--great product. No doubt your hose real is too.

When I built my new garage a couple years ago, I got an Eley hose real, made of aluminum, that attaches to the wall. For a hose reel, its a great product. I put 75 ft of 3/4" high quality rubber hose on it, so the hose is heavy. I wanted max water flow, so went with 3/4". Reel plus hose was most likely about $180-200.
http://www.amazon.com/Eley-Rapid-Mount-Garden-Model/dp/B0025ZHV3W/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1392688986&sr=8-5&keywords=garden+hose+reel

Not trying to undercut your choice, but offering more options.

Yeah, I was looking at those too. Funny, I went from a new hose and crappy reel from Lowes and felt like I was wasting my money so I took them back. Then I wanted to find the best manual wheel. Then I thought if I'm going to spend $200, might as well spend $230 for the kinetic reel from Gardena. Then I thought what's another $70 at this point, might as well get the battery powered version.

I wasn't sure what I was going to think. All I know is I hated putting away my hose after washing my car. Now I look forward to it because it amazes me how well it works.

Plus I love gadgets so I could not resist.

TMO Supporting Vendors