The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Best Mod so far

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ok, it's really the *only* mod so far...

I don't know about you guys, but the pedal placement in the 350 makes it tough for me to get a good throttle blip...(I have small feet and probably sub-par ankle flexibility)...and the stock brake pedal's surface is not confidence-inspiring. Or maybe it's just that I've been spoiled because in my last few cars I've installed Sullivan Racing Pedals and been super happy with them. So I got my pedals installed yesterday and in the first mile of driving thereafter I was like: yep, that's what pedals are supposed to feel like.
I went with the 'grid' pattern which provides great grip on the brake and clutch but leaves the loud pedal pretty smooth. SRP offers various widths of loud pedals...I went with the medium width. Perfect. I don't really even have to move my heel over to get a nice blip.

The install wasn't bad. I'm going to play with placement but I started with a pretty standard setup - brake and clutch are about the same size as stock so they sit almost exactly where the stocks sat except that I angled the brake pedal a bit from center to match a little closer to the angle of my foot when I'm blipping.

Oh, and I got my license plate on...though I'm not that happy with the license plate holder I got...it rides up kinda high on the plate.
My son and I did a good wash on the car and had a nice drive (I'm at ~850 miles now) before dropping it off at TC Designs this morning for Tony to start to work on the roll bar. I will miss the car, for sure...but it'll give me a chance to remind myself of the joys of driving the Boss. My daughter's got her driving permit now and very much wants to get good at driving a stick, so she drove the Boss a bunch yesterday. She's funny...on the way home from driving she said to me: 'now I know why you like driving so much...it's fun...it's not just about getting around." Perfect. A burgeoning female race car driver in the family ;-)

UgdD296.jpg
YoYSTun.jpg
sBF4gYD.jpg
gb7Esfh.jpg

302 Hi Pro said:
Nice, and I really like the license plate!

302 Hi Pro

thanks. it's the first personalized license plate I've ever had. ever. my kids encouraged me not to get one. I like that about them.

Very nice.

fuhrius said:
ok, it's really the *only* mod so far...

I don't know about you guys, but the pedal placement in the 350 makes it tough for me to get a good throttle blip...(I have small feet and probably sub-par ankle flexibility)...and the stock brake pedal's surface is not confidence-inspiring. Or maybe it's just that I've been spoiled because in my last few cars I've installed Sullivan Racing Pedals and been super happy with them. So I got my pedals installed yesterday and in the first mile of driving thereafter I was like: yep, that's what pedals are supposed to feel like.
I went with the 'grid' pattern which provides great grip on the brake and clutch but leaves the loud pedal pretty smooth. SRP offers various widths of loud pedals...I went with the medium width. Perfect. I don't really even have to move my heel over to get a nice blip.

The install wasn't bad. I'm going to play with placement but I started with a pretty standard setup - brake and clutch are about the same size as stock so they sit almost exactly where the stocks sat except that I angled the brake pedal a bit from center to match a little closer to the angle of my foot when I'm blipping.

Oh, and I got my license plate on...though I'm not that happy with the license plate holder I got...it rides up kinda high on the plate.
My son and I did a good wash on the car and had a nice drive (I'm at ~850 miles now) before dropping it off at TC Designs this morning for Tony to start to work on the roll bar. I will miss the car, for sure...but it'll give me a chance to remind myself of the joys of driving the Boss. My daughter's got her driving permit now and very much wants to get good at driving a stick, so she drove the Boss a bunch yesterday. She's funny...on the way home from driving she said to me: 'now I know why you like driving so much...it's fun...it's not just about getting around." Perfect. A burgeoning female race car driver in the family ;-)

UgdD296.jpg
YoYSTun.jpg
sBF4gYD.jpg
gb7Esfh.jpg

Great minds think alike!
I have the exact same pedals and also done in black. I also installed mine on Saturday. I also have the heel guard. Have you seen the garageline gas pedal spacer? I installed one and I like the difference. It's a 1/2"-5/8" thick aluminum plate that gets sandwich between the firewall and gas pedal. Very nice piece and easy 2 minute install.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Nice SRP. I think mine are exactly the same except black and for my Boss. Plate is cool too.

I remember your anxiety while waiting, watching and following the delivery of you 350. It was all worth it now, wasn't it!

TymeSlayer said:
Nice SRP. I think mine are exactly the same except black and for my Boss. Plate is cool too.

I remember your anxiety while waiting, watching and following the delivery of you 350. It was all worth it now, wasn't it!

it was very much worth the wait.
the wait to get it back from the fabricator will pale in comparison.

I do love the pedals.
I just looked at that garageline spacer...looks like a good idea, too, except that I think my pedal placement is pretty good now. What I'd really like to see is a revised mechanism for the go pedal that removes the lateral slop.

Thanks, just put my order in. The brakes are so grabby I hope this helps. First time I tried it in the car I almost came to a dead stop

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel