The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Best pic yet of new front on 2015 Mustang

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This looks good.

mustang6g-1.jpg

That may be the one. Looks like a mustang, almost. Looks like the way it has been describe with the short back end and lower stance. With out the badging I'm not sure I would know that it was a mustang though. The jury's out on this one for now.

It just doesn't say "Sports Car", more like 2 door sedan. Even the Aston Martin "Sports Car" looks like a sports car, this is more like a 2 door Fusion (new body style). Just my opinion. The 2015 version of a Fox Body Mustang which I think also didn't look like a "Sports Car".

I would get another 2013-2014 Mustang for sure though, cause hopefully the prices will drop on them when these "Euro-Style Stangs" hit the market

rpm3dinc said:
It just doesn't say "Sports Car", more like 2 door sedan. Even the Aston Martin "Sports Car" looks like a sports car, this is more like a 2 door Fusion (new body style). Just my opinion. The 2015 version of a Fox Body Mustang which I think also didn't look like a "Sports Car".

I would get another 2013-2014 Mustang for sure though, cause hopefully the prices will drop on them when these "Euro-Style Stangs" hit the market
The Mustang is not and has never been considered a sportscar. Mustangs, Camaros, Barracudas, Challengers have always been muscle cars.

orng302 said:
The Mustang is not and has never been considered a sportscar. Mustangs, Camaros, Barracudas, Challengers have always been muscle cars.

fwiw, the '65 brochure mentions it has imported sports-car flair

http://oldcarbrochures.org/NA/Ford_-Mustang/1965_Ford_Mustang/1965-Ford-Mustang-Brochure/1965-Ford-Mustang-02-03

Vince said:
fwiw, the '65 brochure mentions it has imported sports-car flair

http://oldcarbrochures.org/NA/Ford_-Mustang/1965_Ford_Mustang/1965-Ford-Mustang-Brochure/1965-Ford-Mustang-02-03
Not quite the same as actually stating it is a sportscar. Ponycar completely slipped my mind.

I already told my wife that if they do get 400 lbs out of the platform, we might need to bring another pony home. I trust the design team to deliver something good.

TMO Supporting Vendors