The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Best place to get the good oil filters and the tire repair goo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Kyle
Try amazon.com. They seem to get everything. I just bought a canister of the metal prep/primer wipes that Ford references in the service manual for cleaning machined gasket surfaces prior to installing silicone or gaskets. I had asked the Ford parts guy and he didn't have a clue what I was asking for.
Also get a plug kit instead of the sealant. I keep one in the car or tool kit and have used it along with the little 12v compressor to repair 2 nail and screw issues. Both tires are still in service and don't leak at all.
Steve

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I try to buy filters from the other places I order parts from that give forum/internet discounts like AM, LRS, CJ.

I also keep a tire repair kit with me, and a 5 gal compressed air tank. Most of my track outings are 100-130 miles away...and 360 or so for Laguna Seca. Wouldn't want a nail or screw to ruin my day and waste track fees while waiting for AAA to show up.

What type of jack would be used? I'm assuming the wheel is being removed from the vehicle so it can be plugged.

WinterSucks said:
Did yours not come with the inflator/goo kit? If you used it already it might be pricier to replace the goo can than just buying off the shelf stuff, but it's nice having it in one package. I THINK you can replace just the goo can. Not sure. If you didn't get one for some reason, here it is: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-gt-tech/261251-had-use-tire-mobility-kit-morning.html

Got one. Used it. Dealer near me wanted $28. I don't want to keep a can of fixaflat in the trunk to roll around. Just looking for a place where I can save shipping by buying both filters and the goo at one place. Amazon does not appear to have the goo. May just hit the usual suspects, then.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel