The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Best price for the Boss yet, under 40k

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Now I don't want this to turn into a contest, but I wanted to pass along that I was at a cruise-in last night where a gentleman bought a CO/B both options for under 40k at the end of January. If I am correct, that's the best price I've heard for a Boss so far.

I post this to tell people there are some great deals to be had if you are willing to negotiate. You should be able to get MSRP very easily and under without too much trouble. Good luck and happy hunting.

ufnavy06

My dad got #1989 RR/B, both options yesterday from the same dealer for the same under 40k price as the gentleman I wrote about in my original post.

I've seen some good deals on the CO and RR cars, but they other colors seem to be harder to negotiate. When I bought my PW, there was like 12 CO and a few RR, and only one WW and one KB (there was a 2nd KB but I don't count it because it had too much lot rash for a car in this price range) north of the LA area. I got mine right after the guy who ordered it backed out, otherwise there would have been no PW cars.

ufnavy06

jimprw said:
I'll bet it's pretty hard to find any remaining YBs.

+1.... but if you remember early on, it was the CO that seemed to be commanding the bigger premiums being the Boss only color. But all is right in the world as some dealers are realizing it is better to make a sale than let the car sit on the lot for a year.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel