The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Best Suspension Setup for Daytona

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
They are the Cortex units. Curing understeer at initial turn in and mid corner is my goal.

Assuming there isn’t any other unresolved issues with how your dampers are currently adjusted, I would go up on the front clicker down on the front sweep adjuster and up on the rear sweep adjuster.

To clarify, the CorteX clickers are Low Speed Compression and Rebound. The sweep adjusters are High Speed Rebound only. Parts of your post make me think that may not be clear.

Hope that helps.

Assuming there isn’t any other unresolved issues with how your dampers are currently adjusted, I would go up on the front clicker down on the front sweep adjuster and up on the rear sweep adjuster.

To clarify, the CorteX clickers are Low Speed Compression and Rebound. The sweep adjusters are High Speed Rebound only. Parts of your post make me think that may not be clear.

Hope that helps.

Grant,

I have read the Cortex adjustment procedures. They can be confusing based on the +/- direction but I think I get it. I have it in front of me anyway. What I get from your thoughts is an increase in low speed compression and decrease in high speed rebound up front and increased rebound in the rear. Am I reading you right? This is the art of tuning that is so difficult.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Grant,

I have read the Cortex adjustment procedures. They can be confusing based on the +/- direction but I think I get it. I have it in front of me anyway. What I get from your thoughts is an increase in low speed compression and decrease in high speed rebound up front and increased rebound in the rear. Am I reading you right? This is the art of tuning that is so difficult.
Yes, that’s all correct. But know that both low speed compression and low speed rebound move in tandem with the clicker. Very important to understand this with the CorteX units.

Yes, that’s all correct. But know that both low speed compression and low speed rebound move in tandem with the clicker. Very important to understand this with the CorteX units.
Yup been reading the Cortex literature and tutorials. It's actually using the info and making it work that's the challenge. I'm also calling Cortex tomorrow to speak with Rick. He told me to call him when I got the stuff installed. We had this conversation last year when I was considering the purchase and it was confusing then. Nothing has changed.

That video was great. Thanks for sharing! I’m going to keep front and rear in the middle this sunday since it’s my first track day with the new suspension and adjust from there.
Always good to make one change and see how that affects your handling. I've played with the rear sway bar only so I now know what works best in that area. Now I'm going to just work on compression/rebound adjustments until I find what works best. I'm leaving the front sway bar in in the middle hole for now so there are not too many variables. Same with ride height.

TMO Supporting Vendors