The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BF Goodrich Rival -- pressure for track days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drano38

Wayne
Got my Boss ready for Brainerd MN this weekend, and have new BFG Rivals on to replace several sets of Nitto NT-05.

What hot tire pressure works well? I've got the 275/35/18 on all four corners.
I'll tweek pressures for my driving style and suspension setup, but a starting point from the pioneers would be greatly appreciated.

That's a huge question not knowing anything about your setup, find what the manufacturer recommends hot then back it up about 8-10 psi to start cold and adjust from there. By now you guys should know how to manage hot/cold pressures and temps so once you are done you should have a decent set of new cold pressures.

Wayne if you can't find BFG recommendations I'd use as a starting point the pressures you used with the stock Pirelli's and the NT05's.

drano38

Wayne
13Boss#3328 said:
I have 295/35-18 Rivals all corners on stock suspension.
I found decent results:
Hot 33-34 rear and 36-37 front

Thanks. My Nitto NT-05 ran good at about 38 front/40 rear hot. Maybe Rivals need less air.
My suspension is in my signature at the bottom of my posts.

I'll check tire pressures and temps across the face after each session to dial them in. But a starting point speeds up the process.
Thanks

drano38

Wayne
Thanks guys.
Looks like Rivals like a little lower pressure than NT-05, which I ran about 41 front/38 rear hot.
I'll start with your recommendations, and adjust based on my temp readings.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel