The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Big air flow leak path between radiator and condenser?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Michigan
Is this normal, big airflow leak path around radiator? I ask because I bought my car missing the cooling module and had to piece it all together with new parts but I can’t find anything in the parts catalog or assembly manual that indicates I’m missing a part. Seems as if air that passes through the condenser, which is well boxed to the shroud behind the grill, can escape out the side versus being forced through the radiator.

E235854D-4E23-446E-9398-CF60B66F3A86.jpeg

D6506BC5-9075-475D-8526-1FD4BE193066.jpeg

Last edited:
Utah
I am surprised the S550 doesn't have anything there as my S197 had stiff rubber flappers on the sides between the A/C condenser and radiator.

Great solution!

Mine was to take out the A/C and box in the radiator. This from a guy that doesn't have an interior in his car... 🤪

TMO Supporting Vendors