The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Big Mod Day has finally arrived

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Justin said:
sounds good. are you getting the trackey?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyyh1Idual4[/youtube]

I guess you missed my follow up post when I reported the issues at the dealer were finally sorted out and they were able to get it installed. Way cool having a Ford Racing tune available with just a twist of the Red Key. Sure it's a little gimmicky, and put me down as one who doesn't or care to drive with it all the time. Great for what it does, and I look forward to seeing how it performs on the track some day.

ace72ace

I swapped out the crap-tastic factory speakers with some JL audio co-axials. Since I hadn't proceeded further, I posted the pix of that process on another forum, here;

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-talk/351868-2013-mustang-base-stereo-speaker-replacement-procedure.html

ace72ace

Love the drive shaft!! Was going to save that love for another thread so as not to jam it all in this one... The smoothness in the drive train is very noticeable after having driven it for 1400 miles. If you drop into neutral at any speed, you'd swear you just disconnected the engine from everything... Bring the revs back up and slide into the appropriate gear, nothing but slippery engagement. Will never get another clunk again from the old 2 piece shaft when transitioning load on/off the drivetrain. I will be interested to see if I get a bump in gas MPG, but that's hard to say right now with the engine being so tight and just breaking in on the factory fill. Am planning on dumping the factory oil just after I turn over 2000 miles.

ace72ace

5 DOT 0 said:
In for pics of the MGW install. Mine shipped last week.

Spent about 2 hours putting together my post in the How-To section... heh, almost as long as the job itself! Hope you enjoy it!

TMO Supporting Vendors