The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Big News -- Race Fuel at Motorsports Park Hastings!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
This month has a 99% probability that Pump and Pantry ( a subsidiary of Bosselman Enterprises that runs convenience stores, motels and Bosselman Travel Centers ) that is 1/2 mile down the road from MPH will have race fuel at the Store. Better than being at the track which would have limited usage and openings time wise, with the Tank being at the Convenience store one should be able to get fuel very easily. Since their main pumps run 91 Octane , this is means no more Octane Boost , dragging race fuel to the track to bump the Octane up a little to the preferred 93 , and great for those of us that need 98 Octane for our racing beasties!? Having fuel so close by has me pumped ( pun intended) and I for one have never been a big fan of lugging around a bunch of fuel in my trailer - had a friend's burn down with the car inside from an accident. The big plus is many of us run NASA , SCCA or open track days there, so what a boon for trackraticus folks going to MPH? Charlie Bosselman races an AC Cobra Continuation in NASA and local events , so big thanks to a fellow Blue Oval afficianado for providing this great service! Get pumped up when your race in Hastings!

That's great news!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Excellent news! No more hauling fuel in those Jerry Cans in the back of the F-150. Nice short drive to the pump there. I have to admit that I have such a great tyme around the track that I almost forget to check my fuel level.

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I picked up ten gals of 100 octane at a local dirt/go-cart track, IMI Motorsports about 6 miles from the homestead yesterday. Still ten bucks a gallon, same as I've been paying at HPR the past few years. I see that 91 octane fluctuates over the years but this race fuel not so much.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Silly boy, some dumb Nebraska boy called ahead to Pueblo Motorsports Park and they have 100 octane at the track!!! You are lugging fuel again, hehe. They have barrels and 7 different grades of fuel there , even E-85.

Last edited:
Did he throw a tank in for E85? Tried the E85 at the other station in the middle of town and it wasn't right. Didn't test it, but car didn't like it. Been hauling out 50 gallons of E85 from Omaha ever since.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Don't know, but can sure ask? If not going in at Pump and Pantry can ask George and a couple of friends in Hastings if there is a better place?They have an ethanol plant in town so they may even know the hot ticket for E-85 in Hastings?

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Cmon, Zeus, I will be happy to give you a few secrets of the track and you can even call me before the event with any questions. 402-677-5864

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Forgot to mention that the Pump and Pantry Conv. Store near the track has been up and running with race fuel for close to two weeks - VP Racing Fuel for $9.99. Big George no longer has any fuel at the track ( had race fuel in a can for $12.00 ), and easy to bring ones jugs and run over the short 1/2 mile and get race juice. Did not want to post till I was positive it was up, but they are selling right now, and I look forward to not having to drag my full gas jugs all the way to Hastings -- will fill up there in the future!

Coolest part is it is called "BossFuel ", since Ford fanatic Charlie Bosselman ( Bosselman Truck Stops, Pump and Pantry Stores, etc. ) figured using part of his name had a nice ring to the set -up? What better fuel to use in your Mustang than Boss fuel, ha?!

Last edited:

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
One thing that would make this very convenient. If George could get an agreement with the city to allow vehicles which are not street registered to drive between the track and the station. You can see one from the other. Reno allows this for Hot August Nights.

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
The drive is pretty short. Don't know if they'll bother you for a two minute ride on the street between the track and the station.

TMO Supporting Vendors