The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Big Willow Video - 12/15/2012 Track Day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Went to Willow Springs, big track, yesterday with the Boss. Have run the track before with other cars but first time with the Mustang. Best time was a 1:37:0xx

Not the greatest camera position...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/embed/85bzu_rjJHw[/youtube]

Fixed youtube url. Just paste the url in-between the youtube tag using the icon on the posting tool bar.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Nice video, and welcome to the forum. I'm surprised to see how much the passenger door moves as you are cornering! Look at the gap difference when you are turning left vs. right...

DD GT3 RD said:
Nice! just got back from big willow right now! Good work!

Thanks. Yeah, saw your post about the event and wish I could have stayed and run Sunday but too much going on.

Grant 302 said:
Nice video, and welcome to the forum. I'm surprised to see how much the passenger door moves as you are cornering! Look at the gap difference when you are turning left vs. right...

Definetely noticed that too and have never noticed it on my other cars. Maybe I never used the same camera position.

jnathan68 said:
Definetely noticed that too and have never noticed it on my other cars. Maybe I never used the same camera position.

Did you have a passenger? It seemed that in left handers, the door would tend to bulge 'out', as if a passenger was leaning on it. The opposite was true of right handers.

Berol said:
Did you have a passenger? It seemed that in left handers, the door would tend to bulge 'out', as if a passenger was leaning on it. The opposite was true of right handers.

Nope, no passengers.

TMO Supporting Vendors