The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

@Bill Pemberton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I;m going to need your help classing Superbeater in my local autocross club.They use SCCA National rules, oddly enough, I've never run an SCCA autocross evrnt in my life. This is a smaller )not small) local group in central Florida.
As you may be aware, I eschew Fakebook with prejudice, so I'll post some info here.

@Bill Pemberton

I just don't want to walk in there blindly.

Last edited:
They are, but actually not allowed by name. If it's a local event, you could run them and I doubt anyone would gripe too much.
You gotta watch that kind of stuff, the SCCA outlawed R7s " by name" at the runoffs and Goodyear sat on the pole and the first 3 or 4 spots in A sedan.
Hoosier was having none of it and burned off about 10 sets of xyz compound and gave them to the top 8 qualifiers... at the checker, there wasn't a Goodyear in sight.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
You lost me here, Hankook RS4 not allowed in SCCA CAM classes? That is not true. And why would they outlaw a tire 2 seconds off pace?

DaveW

You're right, my bad. It's the Kumho V720 that's not allowed. I'm not trying to start a Holy War. I just F'd up.

What did I say that was offensive? I was not trying to be a dick, so sorry if it sounded that way.

I am not trying to start a holy war either, just trying to give good info on something I am familiar with and can *maybe* help others.

To be specific, only the Kuhmo 720 ACR version is banned (along with the Michelins). Regular 720 Kuhmo are fine, The ACR was a special compound on a single size that was pretty cheaty hence the banning.

1677633535833.png

DaveW

TMO Supporting Vendors