The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bilstein B12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've got a 2012 Boss with stock springs and shocks. I'm looking to upgrade, and there is a ton out there. Has anyone tried the B12 kit specifically mated to the Eibach pro-kit springs? And how they compare to FRPP, Steeda, Koni, etc. I think this is what Vorshlag is running and offering, it's not listed yet though.

http://www.bilsteinus.com/en/product...n-b12-pro-kit/

I guess your talking about the Bilstein B12 Sportline and Pro kits. I know Vorshlag used them for a bit, but then switched to the ATS Coilovers. I am interested in any discussion regarding this topic as well. Cortex also makes a great kit as well, I am going to look into it after I install my Cortex watts link and LCAs.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
Have either of you been able to locate this package from a vendor on line? I briefly attempted to look into this kit...but became extremely frustrated when doing a search using the Bilstein part number. I could not locate a vendor that listed the kit in stock nor could I find a price ( not even an msrp.) I've been using Bilstein's in my pickups for over a decade...my 2011 F 350 got a set of 5160's last summer.

One potential consideration....the Bilstein B12 kit appears to have non-adjustable dampers. This might be difficult to get a comparison. Seems like a fair amount of people are using the FRPP adjustables or Koni Yellows. I'm going the route of the Koni Yellows myself....I really like the ability to "Soften" the dampers for street use and firm them up for the track.

Hope you can find some information on the B12 kit. I would really like to hear more about it.....after spending a fair amount of time being frustrated...and learning nothing.

Wayne

Wayne, I totally understand your frustration. I too would love to have a bilstien suspension but it is impossible to find application guides and recommendations for mustangs. Here is a video of Vorshlag testing the "BTS" kit on their 2011 Mustang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyd4GB4dqZw

As you can see in the comments, I asked questions regarding fitment, but they never replied. I didn't move forward and lost interest. You can always call Vorshlag to ask.

Sarosh

Senderofan

Sarosh:

Guess your experience reinforces what I experienced. Not sure why Bilstein hasn't been more proactive with this kit. There are plenty of us looking to upgrade. Oh well....guess that's why I went the route I did.

Wayne

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
i can get bilsteins through my warehouse, but they only show up to 2000 mustang applications. if you had a specific part number for the s197's, i could ask them to get a solid price and availability.

Senderofan

pufferfish said:
i can get bilsteins through my warehouse, but they only show up to 2000 mustang applications. if you had a specific part number for the s197's, i could ask them to get a solid price and availability.

This is what the discussion has been about:

"Suspension Kit

Part Number: 46-212689

Series: B12 (Pro-Kit)
Position: Front and Rear
Descriptor: Front Lowered Height: 15mm
Descriptor: Rear Lowered Height: 38mm
Quantity Per Vehicle: 1

Finish: Dampers: Yellow/Springs: Blue

The Bilstein B12 (Pro-Kit) is the result of two companies atop their industries collaborating to present the ultimate solution in suspension for the passenger car market. The shock absorber experts at Bilstein and the spring professionals at Eibach used their 120 years of combined experience and knowledge to spawn Performance2. The B12 system consists of four high performance Bilstein dampers, four hi-tech industrial Eibach lowering springs and together you have the best handling, most comfortable direct fit suspension system available today." ** Taken directly from the Bilstein website.**

I've secured all my suspension upgrades and look forward to having them installed in the next few weeks. The snow here is melting fairly quickly...but the forecast looks like we'll get some more :(. In any event...If you could provide additional information .......like availability and ballpark pricing...I think it could help others out.

Wayne

Would anyone replacing their front struts be interested in getting rid of/selling me the stock adjuster knob? My car only came with one side, and the dealer is being a @$$ on replacing the whole strut to get the adjuster.

Rob
'13 PW #2531

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Got this info from my warehouse:

Part #: bil46-212689
Manufacturer: Bilstein
Description: Bilstein B12 (Pro-Kit) 11-13 Ford Mustang GT V8 5.0L/Base V6 3.7L Front & Rear Suspension Kit

looks like about a 2 week lead time and the kit costs $17.71

WAIT A MINUTE! either this is the best deal on the planet or we need to jump on it before they realize the typo!

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
turns out Bilstein told them to take the item off the portal. they reduced the amoun to a point it would flag a purchase until they had enough time to remove it completely. don't expect this kit to happen any time soon. Bilstein doesn't seem to have any intentions of bringing this kit to the public. that's probably why vorshlag moved on to AST.

TMO Supporting Vendors