The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

sold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
Hmmmm... wonder how Boss 302 springs would behave in a v6...

Arent those a little lower than factory too? Could it bind up anything else?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200110-175843_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200110-175843_Chrome.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 110
Hmmmm... wonder how Boss 302 springs would behave in a v6...

Arent those a little lower than factory too? Could it bind up anything else?

They actually worked really well in my sisters V6. On a GT, they are about 1/2" lower than stock. The V6 is lighter, so it lowered it just shy of the 1/2".

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
I sent you a PM.

When you say it worked really well, what is that based on? Like, subjective feel? Was there any data to prove it faster?

Would lowering the car require anything in the way of different control arms, ball joints, roll center for the front, etc? I could throw these bad boys in on a Saturday... question is, should I?

The springs inspired a bit more confidence in handling. Side to side transitions, brake dive ect... The stock springs felt like marshmallows and there was zero confidence to go out and drive hard.
With these springs, you wouldn't need any other mods, as it doesn't lower the car enough to upset anything.

TMO Supporting Vendors