The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Black Enkei PF01 pn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5 DOT 0 said:
Wow that's a noticeable difference in widths. So Gary you haven't run the R888's yet?

For those wanting to run TPMS you can usually find takeoffs on ebay for $100 or less a set. I picked up a set for $80 delivered and they work fine.
I've run 6 sessions on them on two different tracks. They're "harder" than the slicks and even the 555RIIs. It's good for wear but not times. I really haven't scrubbed enough tread off them yet to make them fast. They're usually fastest when you start getting down to no tread and they're more like a slick. They don't heat cycle out like an R6 where the fastest session is your first one.

cloud9 said:
I've run 6 sessions on them on two different tracks. They're "harder" than the slicks and even the 555RIIs. It's good for wear but not times. I really haven't scrubbed enough tread off them yet to make them fast. They're usually fastest when you start getting down to no tread and they're more like a slick. They don't heat cycle out like an R6 where the fastest session is your first one.
Sounds like you won't buy them again?

5 DOT 0 said:
cloud9 said:
Sounds like you won't buy them again?
I'm not ready to decide that just yet. Both times were on tracks that were early in the season so grip wasn't very good....dusty/sandy, not much rubber down yet. If I cord the Conti fronts this weekend at BIR, I'll run them again. Now the conditions up there will probably be similar so I still may not have a good sense. I did have them flipped on the rim when I took the other wheels in for a fresh set of "used" slicks to lengthen the life, however they really didn't need it yet. I need to see how they perform once they're worn down more. Anyone running them in competition generally has them shaved. Since I'm just having fun with them I'm trying to maximize the life and didn't shave them. They're not even worn to the point where they'd be if shaved.

TMO Supporting Vendors