The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Black roof on my '13 Grabber Blue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looks good. Is it the rough matte or the type that is smooth and just looks matte? I don't like cleaning matte finishes but my buddy has a matte body wrap on his GT2RS and he said it isn't nearly as bad as cleaning the matte paint on his bike.

I like it. I was originally going to paint my roof kona blue because I didn't think I'd like the white roof. After I got the car and had a chance to see it in person I liked it a lot. IMO it really sets the car off compared to other Mustangs/cars. Mine's staying white. ;)

Darth Boss said:
Had matte black 3M vinyl put on the roof of my GB today. Early Xmas present. I love it!9y7y3y5u.jpg

"When Santa needed more power than the reindeer could provide, he turned to the Boss Mustang....." :)

Oh, and like the roof

NFSBOSS said:
I like it. I was originally going to paint my roof kona blue because I didn't think I'd like the white roof. After I got the car and had a chance to see it in person I liked it a lot. IMO it really sets the car off compared to other Mustangs/cars. Mine's staying white. ;)

I like the white too, it pops nicely.

jnathan68 said:
"When Santa needed more power than the reindeer could provide, he turned to the Boss Mustang....." :)

Oh, and like the roof

And the say if you ever saw it...you would even say it did 0-60 in 3.6 seconds.

CaliMR said:
Looks good. Is it the rough matte or the type that is smooth and just looks matte? I don't like cleaning matte finishes but my buddy has a matte body wrap on his GT2RS and he said it isn't nearly as bad as cleaning the matte paint on his bike.

It is smooth like the stripes. I figure it will be no different than cleaning the stripes. Normal car wash cleaner and a little windex on a microfiber cloth to remove any water spots.

LindsayEOD said:
I think it looks really good on the GB. My biggest issue with the GB's was it was so bright in person. This really helps soften it. Nice job Darth.

Thanks...I like the bright but I get what you mean. The all blue made the car look like it is sitting taller than it really does.

I saw pics of a black roof on a SBY and I liked that too.

BLAZN BOSS said:
I am currious how white boss stripes would look on Grabber Blue.

It would look good I think. More subtle like the GB GT500s.

I'd like to see a GB with red or heritage orange stripes. I like the GB GT500s with red stripes.

Darth Boss said:
Thanks...I like the bright but I get what you mean. The all blue made the car look like it is sitting taller than it really does.

I saw pics of a black roof on a SBY and I liked that too.
I actually saw that too and I liked it. I'm going to look into it at some point, it's just at the bottom of my to do list right now.

Grant 302 said:
Nice work.

I saw a Race Red '13 with a black roof today. Looks great to me too. Not sure why Ford didn't go that way for all of the '13 Bosses.

Because us '12 owners are more special.

TMO Supporting Vendors