The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Blacksheep hates carbon fiber driveshafts...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This came out of a buddies drag car, something..I'm thinking the parking brake mechanism, or what was left of it..made a lap around the driveshaft. There is little doubt in my mind that if this had been carbon fiber, it would've resulted in a catastrophic failure.
I ran a scotch bright pad around it to get rid of the burrs.
As it is, he's not going to reuse it in his nitrous car.

uj02lGAl.jpg

dUY0SxKl.jpg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Yep, I got a box and wrote tools on it with a permanent marker. Thanks to advice from BS1 I will finally put something in it ---duct tape! Actually I also have a few lug nuts, but I can't take credit for them , as Tyme gave them to me and they are still in the box they came in. Maybe I should put them in the box with tools written on it and then I will have two things for the track?

US
Hell if it fits a boss 302, I'll run it! I have run 1000 rwhp thru an aluminum ds. A little scratch on it wont weaken it vs my 444hp . Send it to me !

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel