The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Blacksheep Update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It hurts..a lot ...but it seems to be going well, it will be 6 months before it's all done and I may have to get more surgery on another area. I think most of this came from an accident around 2005 when I was working a motor vehicle accident and some clown drove around the fire truck and hit me in his F350. Kart wrecks, and working 2 jobs most of my life I'm sure didn't help, but today, there is much less pain so I'm optimistic it will be a success. That being said, I will be going to the runoffs at VIR with Phoenix, I'm pretty much in the cyphering mode, as I'm severely weight limited and having those screws pull out of the vertebre would be catastrophic. So stop by and say hello.
For those scoring at home, they didn't print anything, they used cadaver parts and some cement like matrix , cut out the old disc, or most of it, cut out the facets (with a hammer and chisel..no lie, I watched the video) and then installed some hardware.
So here we go... the junkyard dog is on the sidelines for an undetermined amount of time.

Qq2HYIGl.jpg

Ouch, I hope you have a speedy recovery Rob!

My wife had back surgery 5 years ago. But nothing like yours.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Best wishes and hope you recover quickly!! ... Did you give the Doc any advice on working on junk yard dogs??? Hope you can finish that project soon!

Last edited:

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
So what class does this put you in now? How many points is that worth? Did you need to adjust the spring rate? How does it compare to say...the Ford blue bar?

Best of luck man. Here's hoping to a swift recovery and enjoy VIR!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Godspeed my friend, you sir, are one of the good ones.

Yikes! Take it easy and I hope you’re back up to full throttle soon!

TMO Supporting Vendors