The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

blacksheep's 05-09 favorite track mustang pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Always liked this one. Followed its build and got to watch it a couple of times at NJMP. It got an Optima invitation one year.

View attachment 17488

Ron even welded up his own mufflers because nothing commercially available would fit.

Norm
The Muttstang. I recall the thread on corner carvers when it started and was a very humble beginning. The build details in that thread were fun to follow. Cool car for sure!!

1593728682389.png

1023092314_5tHuG-L.jpg

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
You may be thinking of the Pro-Touring website. Ron's build thread there is well over a million views at this point. He's since been working on an AMX build, with a thread that's got over 400,000 views . . . far enough off topic, I think.

Norm

Let me tell you Chris, when I went shopping for my first Shelby, it HAD to be an 05 to 09 because they most closely resembled the old 66 Shelbys I drooled over as a kid, because of that, I have little interest in owning any other model, although, I do think they are pretty cool.
although I'm posting a pic of my car, this one is a 1/32 slot car...so...
RWjqFwXl.jpg

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Let me tell you Chris, when I went shopping for my first Shelby, it HAD to be an 05 to 09 because they most closely resembled the old 66 Shelbys I drooled over as a kid, because of that, I have little interest in owning any other model, although, I do think they are pretty cool.
although I'm posting a pic of my car, this one is a 1/32 slot car...so...

Wouldn't mind one of the Shelbys but the weight kills me.

TMO Supporting Vendors