The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

blacksheep's 05-09 favorite track mustang pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bay Area
@blacksheep-1 what a great thread. Actually Sals car is my favorite S197 car ever. I like it better than my old Boss 302. I have seen it, touched it, heard it, smelled it, and even have a Spec Fab calendar of it. Maybe one day Ill be lucky enough to ride in it. But I must say that car is a beautiful beast.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
This is one of my favorites. I'm pretty sure that this one is a 3v despite the badging. I believe the owner's intent was to build the "ultimate 3v" and if it's the one I'm thinking of he's got the full Cortex catalog and a very impressive engine build, plus all the aero goodness. I used to be friends with the owner on Facebook until I nuked my account.FB_IMG_1501969777774.jpg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
This is one of my favorites. I'm pretty sure that this one is a 3v despite the badging. I believe the owner's intent was to build the "ultimate 3v" and if it's the one I'm thinking of he's got the full Cortex catalog and a very impressive engine build, plus all the aero goodness. I used to be friends with the owner on Facebook until I nuked my account.View attachment 17905
Yes, That's Kevin Patten @Albino500
He won the SFR SCCA ITE Championship in that car for 2019.
It is a Shelby GT w/302 stroker 3 Valve in it, just has the GT500 nose because he says it's more aerodynamic than the GT nose. Definitely the whole Cortex Catalog including a Cambered Rear end and an SLA.
The car is beautiful and very well prepared.

This is him after his first win wearing my Frankenstang shirt and my decal ;-)
59932696_10157276100718535_2107566286375485440_n.jpg

Last edited:

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Yes, That's Kevin Patten @Albino500
He won the SFR SCCA ITE Championship in that car for 2019.
It is a Shelby GT w/302 stroker 3 Valve in it, just has the GT500 nose because he says it's more aerodynamic than the GT nose. Definitely the whole Cortex Catalog including an SLA. The car is very well prepared.

This is him after his first win wearing my Frankenstang shirt and my decal ;-)

Awesome, thanks Sal! I had a few conversations with him, great guy.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Awesome, thanks Sal! I had a few conversations with him, great guy.
One of the nicest most helpful guys in racing. Been very very good to me and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
This is one of my favorites. I'm pretty sure that this one is a 3v despite the badging. I believe the owner's intent was to build the "ultimate 3v" and if it's the one I'm thinking of he's got the full Cortex catalog and a very impressive engine build, plus all the aero goodness. I used to be friends with the owner on Facebook until I nuked my account.View attachment 17905

Mmmmmm, that is awesome.

Side note, I thought about going with the yellow lights on my 07gt. Not completely sold..

TMO Supporting Vendors