The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Blitz Rhino Ramp Update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A few months ago I mentioned some Rhino Ramps I bought and used to change my axle-backs. They were easy to use and relatively cheap. The BUT for that job I backed onto them. The question came up about pulling forward onto them and front splitter clearance.

I got to test them out yesterday while doing an oil change. The splitter will not clear the ramps without help as the splitter will catch the 'stop' on the flat top of the ramp that keeps you from rolling off the other side. Without getting fancy, I just dropped a section of 2" x 6" (3-4' long) onto each ramp, placing the top of the 2x6 just under the flat top of the ramp. The Boss rolled right up beautifully. The ramps lift the car enough to use a creeper - great for old man backs ;).

I thought about permanently mounting the wooden extensions onto the Rhino ramps, but decided against it for now, since the car went up easily and it is much easier to stow the ramps and wood without them being mounted. My son's 2010 GT did clear the ramps without any modification for an oil change.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
i have the same ramps had no clearance issues at all used them today the LS's will have issues maybe
64351_366946230004621_100000677422918_1174028_1257812871_n.jpg

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
CaliMR said:
I have them as well, the regular Boss splitters hit. There are a few different sizes, maybe that is why yours worked.
I have the 55 dollar ones which ever ones they are. I have about 1/4" clearance. just ask them before you buy to slid them under your car. thats what I did. they were just happy to look at the boss lol

CaliMR, just noticed your tag line. I love it, absolutely rofl.

"I'm taking the Boss out. If I'm not back in a few hours, I'm in jail and the car is upside down and on fire."

Looking into getting a set of ramps myself . As 5 dot 0 says race ramps seem to be the best. One ? though should I get the one piece 67 inch or the 2 piece ramps

Boss1309 said:
Looking into getting a set of ramps myself . As 5 dot 0 says race ramps seem to be the best. One ? though should I get the one piece 67 inch or the 2 piece ramps
If you are going to buy RR go all the way and get two piece. In the photo I posted the piece you see is less than half of the 67". Now imagine how much a one piece ramp will block your access to get under your car. ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors