The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Blowfish bracket or MGW race spec....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Ford Performance finally released a 1 piece DS for the S197 chassis earlier this year, wonder if they have a 1 piece DS for a S197 GT500 setup?

After being in this mod game for a while, I have come to prefer Ford Performance parts over aftermarket for most parts. I say "most" parts as I would go with an MGW Race Spec shifter over the Barton design offered by Ford Performance.

Ford Performance, (FRPP), is always worth a look to see what new parts they have released. Just my thoughts on selecting mod parts for your Pony.

Regards,
Dave
302 HP

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
TMSBOSS said:
With a fixed trans and differential, a two piece may not be an issue. I would imagine the shaft is one piece. Does anyone have a photo showing the underside of the GT-350 and driveshaft?

After thinking about this, I believe the GT500 OEM setup includes a 1 piece DS. Don't own one but, iIRC, it's an OEM 1 piece DS.

I agree with you.

Thanks,
Dave

Hello all, resurrecting this post......

So I listened up to the experts and went with the MGW Race Spec and a new McLeod clutch (even got it from Lethal performance). Wow, it is like a new car. I love finally being able to drive the car the way I intended!

All work was done at a Ford dealership with an excellent mechanic. I have 1000 miles on the clutch since the install. I noticed in the last 200 miles that the clutch is engaging differently. When I first brought it home the clutch was engaging almost immediately as I started to release it, now it is engaging after I release it several inches. Much differently and it is driving me crazy.

just wanted to see what you guys thought? is there a way to adjust this clutch? or is this where most others see there clutch engaging?

Thank you, Keith

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Keith

Adjustment?? The clutch is not really made to be adjustable. You can play with the pedal position some....but I would leave it alone.

My RST did the same thing. As it broke in, the pedal came up just a bit.

Its likely just a matter of adjusting to the new engagement point.

And yes, the RST and shifter do improve the experience greatly.

Great news and thanks for posting. The MGW and McLeod have been proven to work well on a street driven car. Have fun out there!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Went with the MGW race shifter as well. Tried my friends out and was very impressed with the feel compared to my blowfish setup. Really felt like the bolt action of a rifile. Looking forward to installing mine next week.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel