The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Blowfish Racing battery relocation kit and hitch mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
I have gotten a lot of questions lately about the progress on the release of these 2 new products. Thought I would reach out to everyone to give an update.

Battery relocation kit:
I have the hard parts ready to go. I got the prototype wiring days before my engine blew. My car is stuck at the dealer until a new engine is sourced and installed. So, I have wiring to test for fitment, but no car to do it on. So, it's on hold.

Hitch receiver:
The hitch is kind of the same only there are no hard parts. I changed the design for manufacturability, but haven't been able to test fit, again because the car is laid up.

I am also working on the '13 gt500/massive afco heat exchanger front tow hook kit, which will be ready in a few weeks. That one was easier because all I needed was a bumper beam.

So, as soon as my car comes back to me, I will be back to developing these and other new ideas bouncing around in my head.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
More car candy! I want some. Very interested in the battery relocation kit. Have not seen this, does it end up in the trunk on the passenger side like all good batteries should be?
Good luck with getting a new engine in your car, what's the latest?

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
still waiting for my car to come back to me to finish prototyping the newest design. I would not count on this item to come out for another couple of months. if I had a local volunteer, I could continue now.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Hard parts are ready to go. Just waiting to test fit the cables. Once that is done, the manufacturer will make the rest of them and I can start fulfilling orders.

Appreciate the update Steve! Can't wait to be able to hook up a small utility trailer to tow my track crap around with, instead of cramming it all inside my Boss.

Bump for news regarding the release of the trailer hitch. Sorry Puffer, but you sold me on the TD track wheels, but that can't happen until I have a way to get them to the track. ;)

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
well, the first order of business was the release of the gt500 tow hook kit. CHECK! next was to get the cables worked out for the battery relocation kit. CHECK! next on the list is the hitch! That one isn't going to be quite as easy, since it isn't as far along in development, but I promise to make headway this weekend.

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
pufferfish said:
well, the first order of business was the release of the gt500 tow hook kit. CHECK! next was to get the cables worked out for the battery relocation kit. CHECK! next on the list is the hitch! That one isn't going to be quite as easy, since it isn't as far along in development, but I promise to make headway this weekend.
WooHoo!

pufferfish said:
Don't forget the sub belt mount. ;)

pufferfish said:

Well, shoot... wish I coulda waited, but went ahead and bought a Hidden Hitch. Gonna have it modified to make the receiver removable. Already have in mind what I'm gonna have the fabricator do.

TMO Supporting Vendors