The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Blowfish racing bracket installed...... :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I thought maybe is time to move the BF bracket out of its Items for sale home with its 29 pages!! Took my Boss for a long spin on the road today..... And was delighted, When I left the shop, they had just adjusted it to remove a rattle but after that it was a different shifter. No more waiting for the tranny and chassi to line up before you shift!! Great positive firm shifts. This is my third gearbox fix so really getting near the limit of tolerance for any sane person. First was 5th gear, then again it was 3rd and 5th.. and so on

Would Have liked to install it myself but had it done with the tranny rebuild. Have to work to pay for the car! Have a time trial this weekend and next as well so will update with track experience.

So far so very happy.

Thanks Steve!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
The Blowfish fix was 100% success, not one missed shift all day. I think I will remove the Whiteline bushing as its a bit harsh when combined with the Bracket.

Mad Hatter said:
The Blowfish fix was 100% success, not one missed shift all day. I think I will remove the Whiteline bushing as its a bit harsh when combined with the Bracket.

I am thinking the same thing about the Whiteline bushing.

I still get a little bit of roughness into second when the car is cold but not like it was before the BF bracket. I don't feel like I'm going to chip a gear anymore. When it's all warmed up...oh boy, it's fun though.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Another track day and again no grinding gears of any kind. Nice to be able to do +7000rpm changes to fifth and not wondering if its the MT82s last! Before I would actually avoid 5th gear and bump up to the rev limiter for the last stretch rather then shift.

I have the latest non-race spec MGW with BF bracket and I'm very pleased with the shifter. I no longer experience lock-outs on track when shifting through sweepers or between quick weight transitions.

The only thing you need to worry about the MGW + BF combo is the rear MGW shifter mount making contact with the studs. The contact can be avoided by making sure the rounded edge of the MGW mount is installed facing the studs.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
+1

Ensuring the rear mount in installed as FD stated above and there should be plenty of room between the studs and the mount.

My install took about an hour. Removing the heat shield with the drive shaft in was the slowest part.

Great results with this combo.

I did consider the new MGW shifter. Not for me.

The current combo has zero issues, why spend the money??

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I am also happy with my BF bracket. If MGW had beaten Steve to market it may have been different but since my Gen 1 MGW and Gen 1 BF Bracket perform flawlessly on track I have no reason to take a hit on the bracket and spend $250 to upgrade the shifter. Have to save money for the GT 350 downpayment :eek:

Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel