The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Blowfish Racing Brake Cooling Duct Kit now featuring Thermoid 550 degree hose!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WinterSucks said:
To be honest I was thinking of buying some replacement '12 LS fog light inserts. I am on the fence about cutting the stock inserts. From what I saw it would run around $100 for the LS pair. But that is for the 2012.

I ordered my inserts from tasca ford and they sent me 12 inserts by mistake. cheaper than $100 btw. waiting for the correct 13 inserts to show up with a return shipping label for the wrong ones.

Hmmm I can't seem to find them for less than $48 each before shipping. If you know of somewhere cheaper please let me know! The numbers I have for the pre-cut LS inserts are CR3Z-17E810-AA and CR3Z-17E811-AA.

The only others I can find are BR3Z-17E810-AA and BR3Z-17E811-AA, which are apparently for the California Special valence, which should be identical to the Boss AFAIK. I am not sure if those are what is stock on the non-LS Boss. The Ford parts website lists quite a few fog light delete inserts, but is vague on the full part number for most... If I can get the non-cut inserts cheaper I would prefer that route so I can cut them while it is cold out and have the originals uncut.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
I will double check, but pretty sure -AA is the plain bezels and -BA is the fog light style used with the brake cooling kit.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Those are correct to what I have in my office right now. They do have the fog light openings, so you are set! I hope to be able to offer a finished solution for this in the next 2 months.

pufferfish said:
Those are correct to what I have in my office right now. They do have the fog light openings, so you are set! I hope to be able to offer a finished solution for this in the next 2 months.
Thanks for the confirmation! BTW, should I have received tracking info for my order from you?

The part #'s BR3Z-17E810-AA & BR3Z-17E811-AA are the left & right bezels I ordered from Tasca Ford. The exploded parts diagram did show that these were for a California special front end. After talking with Steve from Tasca, he told me the part number for the LS bezels are CR3Z-17E810-AA & CR3Z-17E811-AA which are $47.31 each, so I had him change the order. You can get a 5% discount on orders over $100 by using the SVTP code.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Fiddler49 said:
Thanks for the confirmation! BTW, should I have received tracking info for my order from you?

i have had quite a run on these lately, but the last one ordered yesterday is going out today. email me and i will look up the tracking info. it should have been sent automatically by UPS. did you check your spam folder?

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
cp85gt said:
The part #'s BR3Z-17E810-AA & BR3Z-17E811-AA are the left & right bezels I ordered from Tasca Ford. The exploded parts diagram did show that these were for a California special front end. After talking with Steve from Tasca, he told me the part number for the LS bezels are CR3Z-17E810-AA & CR3Z-17E811-AA which are $47.31 each, so I had him change the order. You can get a 5% discount on orders over $100 by using the SVTP code.
i got my part numbers from Steve as well. I would be interested to see if the CR3Z are any different (aside from being $20 more expensive)? I do believe though, that you will end up with 2012 bezels, as everything on google for the CR3Z17E810AA is for a 2012.

I just received a FRPP kit i ordered to find out exactly what they did, because the opening in the bezel is angled and way too small for a 3" hose. the bezels in the kit have been butchered to allow the sheet metal bracket with 3" tube to attach. most notably, the tube shape in the plastic bezel has been cut down flat. they also cut out a bunch of other stuff to make the bracket fit. I will not stoop to that level, but will plan on making the weldment for a trimmed down bezel tube just like their kit does.

pufferfish said:
i got my part numbers from Steve as well. I would be interested to see if the CR3Z are any different (aside from being $20 more expensive)? I do believe though, that you will end up with 2012 bezels, as everything on google for the CR3Z17E810AA is for a 2012.

I just received a FRPP kit i ordered to find out exactly what they did, because the opening in the bezel is angled and way too small for a 3" hose. the bezels in the kit have been butchered to allow the sheet metal bracket with 3" tube to attach. most notably, the tube shape in the plastic bezel has been cut down flat. they also cut out a bunch of other stuff to make the bracket fit. I will not stoop to that level, but will plan on making the weldment for a trimmed down bezel tube just like their kit does.

I ordered the LS bezels from steve. as stated previously they sent 12 model ones instead of 13. then some goofball sent the new ones out with the return shipping label that was supposed to be for me to send the wrong 12 model inserts back. SO will I have to modify the 13 ls bezels I ordered to work with your cooling kit Steve?

BTW.......my kit should be here today. not sure when tasca will finally get their act together so I can have the bumper inserts. I'll go ahead and get all my blowfish goodies installed over the next couple days I'm off from work and hopefully fab my splitter too. then its just waiting on the bumper inserts.

Fiddler49 said:
I found this thread on a DIY 2013 brake cooling duct install. See post #16 for pics of what he did to the bezel:

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f821/pieced-together-brake-cooling-13-14-mustang-524860/

Is this what you're thinking of doing Steve?

that's exactly what is going to have to be done. one of the bumper inserts just showed up at the house. no way to mount the brake cooling duct hose. I was about to head to lowes anyway to get some plastic cardboard to make my splitter template so I'll get some epoxy and hvac ducting while I'm there

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
yeah, that is where i saw the "homebrew" solution. one change i would make from his solution is to cut the angled part of the bezel hose so it opens up into the glued on tube.

this will not have any part in my solution, though. it will be a bolt on piece instead of epoxied. looks like i need to get going on it to save people the trouble!

pufferfish said:
yeah, that is where i saw the "homebrew" solution. one change i would make from his solution is to cut the angled part of the bezel hose so it opens up into the glued on tube.

this will not have any part in my solution, though. it will be a bolt on piece instead of epoxied. looks like i need to get going on it to save people the trouble!

get to work steve! Only thing I could find at lowes was a 4" to 3" reducer that will have to be cut up. I asked steve at tasca and he said he doesn't show anything as far as a part number. ups delivered the one bumper insert but not my blowfish goodies so I hope another truck has the other insert along with my blowfish goodies. I would like to get this all done during my days off. been a chore getting the right parts in and many days off wasted.

pufferfish said:

I'm confused (easily done!)...are you planning on making a whole new bezel or modifying the fog light one?

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Modify the fog light bezel, which is what FRPP kit does. I just won't hack all the ears off to accommodate the bracket. It's just not necessary and kind of a bs way to do it.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
1921192_10100549847897404_1524672939_o.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel