The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Blowfish Racing Brake Cooling Duct Kit now featuring Thermoid 550 degree hose!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I received my order from Tasca yesterday and to my surprise the fog light bezels with the part # CR3Z-17E810-AA & 811 are the standard blocked out bezels for the standard Boss 302 and the OEM installed bezels on the LS Boss 302. I originally ordered the BR3Z-17810-AA & 811 and switched it, so I'm sending these back and ordering the correct bezels. So to summarize: for those with 2012 Boss 302's, or anyone with a 2010-2012 mustang with a California Special front valence, that wants the open fog light bezels for a brake cooling set-up or fog lights, the part number is BR3Z-17810-AA and BR3Z-17811-AA. These are also about $26 each instead of $47.31 each.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
got the prototype part yesterday and i've got to say...I'M GOOD! its nearly perfect. I am only going to open up the holes a bit to make sure that any inconsistencies in the plastic are accounted for.

skrk.jpg

and, yes, the same scrap piece of tube is shown. no notch will be in the final product and it will be powdercoated black.

the revised drawings are out for quote, but can i get a head count on who would buy these plates right away. i want to make sure i order the right amount. i am pretty sure they will be priced at about $70 shipped(USA), for the pair.

nice job

I might be interested, putting my bezels on soon though without the rest of the kit

the only downside is you are almost to the cost of buying the kit from ford when you pay for all the parts needed

I have seen the ford kit for $364

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
i agree, its getting up there in price, but still significant savings over the FRPP kit. first, you will not find it for $364 shipped. Their kit is in a huge box, so shipping is going to be expensive. realistically (and from what i have seen), $405 is the lowest price shipped in the US.

base BR kit is $169.99 shipped. add $70 shipped for the BR bezel brackets. then, go get the bezels from tasca for $70 shipped and make the cuts yourself. total is $310 with a little elbow grease. saving $95 over the FRPP kit is pretty huge!

cp85gt said:
I received my order from Tasca yesterday and to my surprise the fog light bezels with the part # CR3Z-17E810-AA & 811 are the standard blocked out bezels for the standard Boss 302 and the OEM installed bezels on the LS Boss 302. I originally ordered the BR3Z-17810-AA & 811 and switched it, so I'm sending these back and ordering the correct bezels. So to summarize: for those with 2012 Boss 302's, or anyone with a 2010-2012 mustang with a California Special front valence, that wants the open fog light bezels for a brake cooling set-up or fog lights, the part number is BR3Z-17810-AA and BR3Z-17811-AA. These are also about $26 each instead of $47.31 each.

Did the B parts turn out to be the right ones? I have seen conflicting info on which ones are correct.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
thanks grant! parts are getting here around the 17th. then, i just need to weld the tubes on and send them out for powdercoat, so i should have them ready to ship out before the end of the month!

a couple of people have already emailed me about the homebrew glue-it-together bezel not working out. for those people any any others considering it, hang tight! the solution is coming!

WinterSucks said:
Did the B parts turn out to be the right ones? I have seen conflicting info on which ones are correct.

The bezels with the part # starting with a "B" are the correct ones for a brake cooling kit. I got them a few weeks ago and got them installed with the Blowfish Racing kit. With a little over 4000 units produced for the 2012 model year Boss 302 I'm surprised at the cost differential between the 2 bezels.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
parts arrived today...1 full week early! test fit and they are perfect! tomorrow, i will start getting the tubes cut and welded on. hope to have them off to the powdercoater by the end of the week. i won't be able to put them up on the site until i get them back (need finished product for pics), but i can take orders over the phone (paying by cc) or by email (with a paypal account) if you want to make sure you get them first. prices are set at $74.99 shipped in the US...same as the backing plates. pre-cut bezels will be extra, of course.

pufferfish said:
parts arrived today...1 full week early! test fit and they are perfect! tomorrow, i will start getting the tubes cut and welded on. hope to have them off to the powdercoater by the end of the week. i won't be able to put them up on the site until i get them back (need finished product for pics), but i can take orders over the phone (paying by cc) or by email (with a paypal account) if you want to make sure you get them first. prices are set at $74.99 shipped in the US...same as the backing plates. pre-cut bezels will be extra, of course.
Email, PM, smoke signals, etc., sent!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel