The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Blowfish Racing Brake Cooling Duct Kit now featuring Thermoid 550 degree hose!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I was wondering....

Does anyone know if the issues of connecting the hose to the bezels is just as much a PITA for the 302s bezel's as it is for the bezel shown here?

I already have the hose/ rotor brackets from blowfish, will they/you be selling just the bezel and bracket to finish the install?

For those with 2013's that bought the Ford bezels and the Blowfish bezel plates, who has cut down the foglight tube to match up with the bezel plate tube and give a bigger opening? I've got mine all marked up and ready for the Dremel, but I just wonder if it's worth the effort, airflow wise and looks wise. It's a tough balance between form and fashion...

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
short answer is, you have to cut the bezel. and yes, it is definitely worth the air flow. the way it tapers and angles, it cuts airflow by at least 50%. lop that thing off! dremel works well, but by far the easiest and fastest way to cut these things is to use a vibratory saw.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
pufferfish said:
short answer is, you have to cut the bezel. and yes, it is definitely worth the air flow. the way it tapers and angles, it cuts airflow by at least 50%. lop that thing off! dremel works well, but by far the easiest and fastest way to cut these things is to use a vibratory saw.

Steve:

Do you have any pictures you can post....of the bezel after you've made your cuts? Really looking forward to this upgrade!

Wayne

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Senderofan said:
Steve:

Do you have any pictures you can post....of the bezel after you've made your cuts? Really looking forward to this upgrade!

Wayne
wayne, take a look back at post #56. it has a pic of the modified bezel.

spent Saturday at the track with steve's brake cooling kit and xp12 front xp10 rear pads and everything worked flawlessly! no fade and enough stopping power to make Pirelli slicks beg for mercy

What are the size screws needed for attaching the fog light bezels to the bumper??? Finally getting around to installing my brake ducts and either I didn't get any with my bezels or I misplaced them... :mad:

I had the chance to install the backing plates, was pretty easy. Did pads at the same time. Not looking forward to the duct install. But overall the instructions are great and the quality is there. You might want to think about a rear duct kit, sounds like some of the serious trackers might need it.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
WinterSucks said:
I had the chance to install the backing plates, was pretty easy. Did pads at the same time. Not looking forward to the duct install. But overall the instructions are great and the quality is there. You might want to think about a rear duct kit, sounds like some of the serious trackers might need it.

Other than doing some trimming on the inner fender well plastic and flipping the horns around....removing the factory fog light covers were a bit of a bugger. Ended up using the short side of a "Wonder Bar" pry bar. I gently pried around the perimeter until they'd finally let loose. My kit didn't have any screws in it either....I used #10 3/4" stainless screws for the bezel adapter brackets and #8 1" stainless to screw the duct bracket unit to the bumper cover. Routing the ducts similar to what Steve recommends....I didn't have any difficulties and the tubes are perfect length.

You'll be pleased with your end results......Steve has everything thought out very thoroughly.

Wayne

For anyone looking for the fog insert part numbers for a '12, I think I figured out their numbering scheme. My inserts had two part numbers on each, So this could be why there is so much trouble ordering the right ones if stockroom workers don't notice the two numbers:

BLANK-OFF CIRCLE: CR3J-17B968-AA and CR3J-17B969-AA
MAIN BODY: BR3J-17B968-AA and BR3J-17B969-AA

I am assuming this means the stock non-LS with blank-offs are CR3J and without them only part number left on the body is the BR3J. Does this make sense?

The LS and Boss 302 both come with the same fog light bezel installed from the factory, CR3J, which are the blanks. The BR3J are the fog light bezels for the CS mustangs, which have the same front valence but came from the factory with fog lights, which is why they are open. The CS bezels, BR3J, are the ones included in the FRPP brake duct cooling kit. The confusion is from ordering bezels for the LS and receiving the same bezels you already have because there isn't a separate part number.

I thought the LS came with them. Oh, and I am not sure you need to remove the bumper cover for the 12. I did, but it seems I could do the work by just removing the lower splash guard.

You do not need to remove the bumper cover on the 2012. The fake fog lamp duct opening pops right out.

TMO Supporting Vendors