The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Blowfish Racing Shifter Fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Re: those with shifter issues, enter now!

There are like 5 versions of the mgw. Some with studs some without

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland

Still looking for 2 that use non-MGW aftermarket shifters and have problems with missed shifts and lockout.

How long before this product will be availlable for people with the stock shifter? Id like to keep the stock shifter and this sounds like the product to make that an option.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland

it should be ready for the general population by the end of summer.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland

got my first report back on install! 1.5 hours start to finish with hand tools! all is well, just some design improvement suggestions i will be implementing for production.

can't wait to get driving feedback!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile

Cant wait! Hate having to shift slowly and carefully.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss

So...ETA on release??? Or pictures of this new device? The suspense is building!!

Wayne

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland

first impression from the first installer was quote: "a night and day difference" and something to the effect of "this will be huge for mustang owners". i am anxious to get other tester's results! ;D

going to have to wait for a bit to be able to share what it is and how it works with the general population until the patent is secured. sorry for the suspense, but this is the process it has to go through.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss

pufferfish said:
first impression from the first installer was quote: "a night and day difference" and something to the effect of "this will be huge for mustang owners". i am anxious to get other tester's results! ;D

going to have to wait for a bit to be able to share what it is and how it works with the general population until the patent is secured. sorry for the suspense, but this is the process it has to go through.

O.K......You big tease!! ;D ;D We'll all just have to wait. I was just wondering if this would be available for this years driving or on the winter list for next season?

Wayne

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland

I anticipate the first production kits to be ready by the end of summer.

To all MT-82 owners with shifting issuies. I have installed the first proto type part in my Boss. I can not comment on design but will say its a very well built part.

Good morning, Drove the car with the new part and gave it a REAL good workout. this is what I felt while driving.
the only aftermarket device my car has is a (Hurst shifter). That's it!
1'st to 2'nd was about 80% better in finding gears
2'nd to 3'rd was spot on 99.9%. Never missed it once.
you do feel some motor/trans movement in shifter, but the car now shifts.
install was as easy as could be. On jack stands with hand tools it took 1.5hrs.
part design is beautiful and made for strength. It can also do doubble duty as a drive shaft safety loop. I think?
Bottom line is, I now feel very confident when I'm driving my car. When I do have to hit the GO PEDAL I now shift with more confidence and enjoy the car.
The fear of missing a gear and sending the engine to the rev limiter or jamming gears has passed. I love the part and SO GLAD I signed up to be one of the testers.
All mustang owners who have shifting issuies will benfit from this part. It's one of the MUST have items that Ford should have thought of.

In 30+ years I will be selling my Proto type part (PT001) for $16,000.00. I will list it as the part that saved the MT-82. Now if I could just get it signed... Lol :eek: 8)

Steve, all I can say is thank you for your hard work in devloping this part. Let me know whats the next move. I'll be out driving the car way more often now...And enjoying it!

What i'm trying to say is, this part may a HUGE differance in my shifting problems. It will be worth the wait for the Blowfish Racing product to be available. I wish I could say more but I have a Gag order in place..Lol :-X

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland

Of course! There will be accommodations for the current MGW. Now if they decide to change their design, that's it. I won't conform after the 2014 iteration...they change designs more than my wife changes wardrobes!

GA

I bought the FRPP/Barton shifter and it pretty much cured my shifting blues. Occasionally I still miss 3rd on the track but it might just be me. Looking forward to reading about this one.

TMO Supporting Vendors