The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Blows the Competition to Smithereens!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill, it was fun. I agree. We should try to set up a track day next year with interested TMO members. Would be fun.
Why wait until next year? :D

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Ha, ha , easy for you to say in California, but we have already had evenings below freezing in October. Will be interesting to see what temps we have at the end of October when a bunch of us are running at Heartland Motorsports Park ( Topeka, Ks. ). I know Krull and I are already signed up, and if anyone is not a member of NASA, drop me a line ( [email protected] ) if you want to go to this event and I can get you a discount. Actually , if you are a NASA member and have not run in the Central Region , I can also likely get you a discount for the first time you run in the Region. Go to www.nasaproracing.com , click on Central Region , and view the October 26-27 Championships ( no worries there are still HPDEs being run , along with Time Trials and Racing).

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
One day in the 70s the next can't get over 20. Welcome to fall in the Rockies. The travel trailer is winterized, the car hauler snugged up tight and the car is parked waiting for some needed maintenance.

Well done..FWIW in the video, I noticed what we used to call "point driving" instead of just taking an arc and reaming the crap out of the tires due to scrub, you use a bunch of little inputs, or point to point, cutting down on the scrub.. that's a kart racer trick, ever race those?

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
West Michigan
Blacksheep, I have run karts a few times, but most of my racing years have been in circle track for then road racing. #55 really won't understeer much on most tracks, so the corrections were to keep oversteer in check. You are correct though in the fact the fastest laps will be on line with a lot of mini corrections as you proceed through the corner. If you aren't making the small corrections, you haven't hit the limit!

TMO Supporting Vendors