The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Blue Beast Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is the Build Thread for Blue Beast. Reply below.

Also - to clarify, I didn't name my car, that would be pretty self righteous or something like that. One of my best friends from high school gave it that name back in college when I got it, can't change it now ;).

I am aware a stock 3.7 is not exactly a beast round these parts 😅

Last edited:
302R Rack and ford bushing kit will be going on soon, ish. Will be drilling the strut towers as well. Right now I only have -1.9 camber, but figured I might as well do all of this at once and will be dialing hopefully -3 or more. Got a set of arms from fellow member 67GTA and those arms have their bushings removed with some help from a buddy and are ready to be installed hopefully mid January! As he said after finishing the first arm 45 mins after starting.... nothing a 4" angle grinder can't solve. Kinda funny vorshlag said it took them 2 days, I think my buddy's got em beat by about 2 days, #justsayin :cool:. Jokes aside, he is an extremely skilled fabricator who typically works on his rather over the top 4Runner, wimpy "car parts" really are not much when you come from trophy truck world.

46FCFF7C-4A3B-40F5-AF50-55696D560E41.jpeg

3E02E673-AA0C-430F-A120-36589599FCB8.jpeg

6A674AE0-033D-4770-A4DE-F10DDC0E77E7.jpeg

8CD58184-7FE5-4515-BCF1-98285E9AFC94.jpeg

Last edited:
How is it on the street? I still do plan on driving the car ~10 miles a week to work and back on Fridays and the occasional weekend drive. Hopefully I am not "ruining" it.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
How is it on the street? I still do plan on driving the car ~10 miles a week to work and back on Fridays and the occasional weekend drive. Hopefully I am not "ruining" it.
I didn't notice any additional noise but I already had a bunch of other noisy mods done.

Exactly, just take the back seat out, install a roll bar, and you’ll never notice a peep out of the front over the gear noise and tinnitus in your ears!!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel