The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BMR A-Arm warning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Hi, just to share my recent experience..... I Know ...many of you have told me this was going to happen........ Now is your legit time to say.... I TOLD YOU SO.....

Went up on a new, just installed, piano that had a small drop on the outsite. I guess the curb tapped the BMR A-arm and it snapped just where to two tubes join to one on the back support though thats a guess.

I had a true floating front left suspension!!! The car went on smoothly with no weird notice till I braked at a 135mph.... then the wheel pushed back and bent the fender.... pitted the car and at least the new r7 just had a slight rain groove cut into it!!!

Luck would have it that I could make the next day with one stock A arm that I had handy.

Going back to stock A arms and will put sphericals on them.

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thanks, was lucky!!! It was at bad day a the track, my buddy totaled his ZL1 into the wall... He was fine but the car is shorter now :(

Last edited:
Hey, could have been much worse so glad you can fight another day. I was on the fence with which A arm to buy, Steeda or BMR and decided on the stock arms with upgraded bushings and ball joints from Steeda. I know others have the BMR arms but I just thought they looked a bit fragile compared to the stock pieces.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
It broke on the weld seam?

Here are some pics of the failed A-arm.

31396421_10213889253844235_1824472002623974226_n.jpg

31381311_10213889253284221_4892443016520709560_n.jpg

31392811_10213889253484226_6968092510893327260_n.jpg

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Lol.... Think I prefer the big ugly OEM ones better now.. Even if they are not red.... Funny thing was the car felt a "little" off while braking but not as bad as you would think.... I seem to have been lucky..

It broke just getting on to the main straight and I went full ahead till the braking zone at the end.... Can not explain why nothing special happened.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I checked mine this morning and they look fine but I'll be keeping a close eye on them. I liked them because they took off almost 12 pounds off the front end.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I'll send the pics to BMR. But to be honest I think I would prefer that they weight 12 pounds more ..... and don't fail!! I went over the A arms carefully the week before looking for any signs of failure... I seems that the knock from the curb was stornger then I felt. Did not notice the actual hit, found out later by the bits of cement on the bottom of the car.......

Its not like it launched the car in the air or anything like that.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
SoCal
Wow... that is an impressive break. It's interesting how it broke directly above the inside plate brace. More than likely the arm absorbed most of the impact while incurring the break and is the reason why it didn't feel as strong of a hit.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel