The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BMR camber bolts, are they track worthy??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Just gott a set of bmr camber bolts and was installing them today.... But I could not put them in, they just seemed to weeny compared to the stock ones.. Am I being overly cautious??

For some reason, my mm castor plates only goes to 1.8 degrees on the drives side now... Maybe should fix that first!

#hogouttheholes

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Yup, looking at the now.... do you mean hogging the Cortex strut, or up above at the castor plate??

PS. already made space for the nut above in the mount base

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
It be hogged.... but still only -1.8,,,, maybe my off road experiences are to blame.....Can not see anything wrong with the A arm....

Last edited:

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I would think they should go in. Everything needs to be perfectly lined up for the cam to go through one flange, the knuckle, then the other flange.

Not so sure I would want to use them for competition, or with 305 slicks. But I haven't seen or heard of them failing in shear, so you should be okay if you check regularly and use witness marks to see if they hold position or come loose. I used that type before (Eibach) without issue.

Not sure why you can't get more than -1.8º unless your ride height/geometry is taller than stock Boss up front.

I've used them for 2 years on my 15 GT PP, last year on 305 Pirelli DHs. No issues.

I'm replacing them now with Eibach camber bolts which appear to be exactly the same. I'm only replacing them due to screwing one up removing it when replacing my Konis a month ago.

I've never lost any camber adjustment and would get periodic alignment updates throughout the year.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thanks guys. I got one in and that should do me for -3 camber. Went over MM plates, and all looked fine. Before the camber bolt, got over -3 on one side and only upto -1.8 on the other.....

Hopefully sorted

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thanks Voodooboss, yes mine are hogged out just like that.... Well, maybe no so nicely. I think a bent K member is looking like a possible culprit!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Yup.... The K member is over to the drivers side 3mm...... AND.... the drivers side BMR tubular A-arm has the end tab bent up 2 degrees.... Race day is coming up so a proper fix will have to be for after:(

TMO Supporting Vendors