The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BMR K member concerns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
The bmr k member is terrible for the street. It creates a drone in the cabin due to the polyurethane engine mounts. Perhaps if you replaced those with rubber, they'd be acceptable. I run one on my daily driver, and I'm kind of used to it....

The bmr k member WILL WORK with the steeda radiator support and extra brace, on a 2013 at least. I think you have to buy the brace for a later car, since earlier s197's didnt have that brace. @Hawaii50 @Fabman

Source - thats my setup

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
The bmr k member is terrible for the street. It creates a drone in the cabin due to the polyurethane engine mounts. Perhaps if you replaced those with rubber, they'd be acceptable. I run one on my daily driver, and I'm kind of used to it....

The bmr k member WILL WORK with the steeda radiator support and extra brace, on a 2013 at least. I think you have to buy the brace for a later car, since earlier s197's didnt have that brace. @Hawaii50 @Fabman

Source - thats my setup
I looked up the steed rad support and it doesn't have the 2) 4 bolt brackets that the BMR brace bolts to, so I'm not sure how that would work. Something I'm not seeing apparently....got pics?

This is the BMR setup like I have. (pic from the BMR site)
bmr brace installed.PNG

See those 4 bolt brackets on the front?
Those connect the Rad support to the K member via the rack and pinion mount at the rear. (2 bolt brackets)

bmr brace.PNG

These are the 4 bolt brackets I was talking about below.
BMR.PNG

I don't see those 2) 4 bolt brackets on the Steeda rad support below so that's why I am confused.
steeda.PNG

Maybe Steeda has something that's not on the website, or in a different section, I don't know, but I didn't see it.
If there is something that works, great. Post it up so we can all learn something. That's why we're all here, right?

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Here is my setup prior to initial install.
Might we be talking about the rear control arm brace instead of the rad support brace?
Just a thought.

1173808_10151782806633535_889586727_n.jpg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Not good photos but photos. those two holes on the support for newer cars bolt right upView attachment 14511View attachment 14512View attachment 14513View attachment 14514
Ah, I see....not real strong with that little stick poking out of the main tube but you're right, it does bolt up.
The original BMR rad support had a similar mount for the sway bar with the stick coming out of the main tube and that is what caused all the failures so they went away from that style mounting. But you are right, it does bolt up.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
The loads on the sway bar mount are far greater, sure. But this mounting style in general is not one for rigidity.
This is the one I broke second time on track before I received the newer redesigned style.

12473810_10154034064208535_6935988225936614674_o.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors