The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BMR LCA a relo bracket question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMRTech

Supporting Vendor
Flyboygsxr said:
So, I got the car up, pulled the passenger side control arm off, axle weight, and the LCA relocation bracket bolts. I tried to move the control arm back like we talked about but got little to no adjustability out of it. Due to the location of the other bolt holes that secure the control arm and short of trying to bend the control arm in a vice to move it backwards the measurements came out the same when I reinstalled everything. I do see the potential for adjustment but I would have to bend the bracket. The arm that reaches up at the highest point on the axle with the elongated hole would be where I would bend it to try and make an adjustment but I don't think that would be a good solution. Let me know what you think.

Adam

Adam, I see what you are saying. That upper strap, really doesn't do a whole lot, and quite honestly it's just a carry over from the previous design. That strap can prevent you from shifting the bracket and is actually one of the primary reasons for the issues you are having. Some cars, the angle of the strap does not exactly match the angle of the OEM bracket. The angle of the strap will dictate how the bracket mounts to the car.

The goal is to have all of the bolts installed loosely. Shift the bracket back all the way, where it is bascially bottoming all of the bolts out, and tighten. This takes some serious force, via pry bar...straps, etc.

The way we do it here, is with the LCA unbolted and dropped out of the way....we ensure all the bolts are loose, and one person uses a HD Pry bar and prys the bracket back as much as possible, and I have our mechanic torque the bolts while I am holding the bracket back.

Single person jobs, often people use a ratchet strap hooked to something aft of the vehicle.

There is no issue in forming the upper strap to the position you need. I would not call it bending, but I would call it forming.

This discussion we are having, is exactly why we chose to use 3/16" material instead of 1/4" for this application. The 1/4" plate is practically impossible to form fit...and it would require modifying the part on some vehicles...which we are not a fan of.

I would still like to see your alignment on an actual machine, before you successfully perform hat we have discussed.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel